- Analyzes existing and anticipated customer requirements and promotes consideration and purchase of company products and services.
- Initiates and develops contacts with customers, both existing and potential, with focus on new sales opportunities.
- Prepares and delivers effective product/sales presentations.
- Consistently achieves annual sales objectives as set forth by management.
- Maintains all aspects of the IL Customer Database and Property Accountability Documents.
- Achieves and maintains a high level of competency in knowledge and positioning of IL products and services. Strives to achieve similar competency regarding competitive systems.
- Prepares accurate and effective quotations in accordance with existing policy and procedure.
- Prepares accurate forecasts, and other sales reports as required.
- Prepares an annual territory business plan, with consideration of current corporate and area focus and objectives.
- Is responsible for complying with all appropriate ISO mandated policies, procedures, work instructions and other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Area Business Manager.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Budget Managed (if applicable)
- Personal Travel & Expense Budget
Internal Networking/Key Relationships
To be determined based on department needs, to include interactions such as:
- Field-based peer departments: Clinical Applications, Field Service, and Corporate Accounts
- Internal departments: North America Commercial Operations, Client Service, Technical Service, IT Operations
Skills & Capabilities:
The ideal candidate for this position will exhibit the following skills and capabilities:
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication.
- Goal and action oriented
- Ability to create working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently with little daily oversight
- Strong negotiation skills
Minimum Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Science related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years’ prior sales experience (medical and/or capital sales experience preferred), or equivalent business experience.
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Ability to create and execute sales presentations that focus on value creation
- Demonstrated proficiency in: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Language: Fluency in English required