The Distributor Sales Consultant will develop and maintain relationships with distributors in education, health care, government and other commercial markets to influence Allegion market share for commercial hardware and electronic security solutions to meet organizational goals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with target customers through a consultative selling approach and regular pattern of calls to achieve goals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal customers (including sales, marketing, engineering, customer and technical services, and operations).
- Partner with all internal customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction, commitment and loyalty to Allegion products and services leading to increased revenue.
- Advise customers on product mix, applications, and promotions that meet their needs. Suggest possible new products and adaptations for product and/or system applications.
- Utilize professional level sales skills. Must be proficient in discussing security and safety systems with security directors, IT management, integrators, wholesalers, etc.
- Follow up on all job quotes with channel partners to secure projects and ensure a favorable mix of Ingersoll Rand products.
- Able to communicate the value of technology and relate it to customer needs.
- Exhibit an understanding of electromechanical products, applications and solutions.
- Ability to understand a complete access control package including operational descriptions and riser diagrams.
- Support business partner initiatives to maximize sales results. Coordinate with business partners to create demand, develop and execute strategy, and successfully close orders. Participate in joint sales calls and training; attend local, regional and/or national trade shows and association meetings.
- Maintain excellent industry/territory knowledge by reviewing and understanding market data of competitive activity. Adapt to change in marketplace.
- Maintain and utilize CRM tool for sales reporting and to communicate sales activities.
- Ensure proper customers and partners are adequately trained on new and existing products.
- Maintain awareness of all Allegion, guidelines, and procedures and ensure compliance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diplomarequired, Bachelor’s degreepreferred
- 5+ years sales experience, industry experiencepreferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience influencing others with a bias for action
- Strong customer focus
- Strong presentation skills required
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- This role will be located in Nebraska