Hillrom is a $2.8B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hillrom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive overall revenue attainment across assigned accounts: Develop and implement sales strategies that deliver comprehensive solutions to customers within the assigned territory or account base to capture new accounts and enhance performance in existing accounts. Conduct negotiations with customers to finalize sales. Demonstrate an effective understanding of competitive action in the assigned territory and develop plans to address problem areas and customer needs. Achieve sales goals across all product categories.
- Demonstrate year-over-year backlog growth: Uncover green field opportunities and high-dollar renovations within your assigned territory. Ensure that Hill-Rom Surgical Solutions' product portfolio is specified at all early stages to drive sales orders.
- Collaborate with internal sales and service partners to seamlessly serve shared accounts: Lead the efforts of sales specialists and services personnel to drive new sales as well as on-going customer satisfaction. Maintain highly effective communications with specialty partners. Coordinate specialist and service resources involvement within assigned accounts. Provide local support for strategic Partnership Team initiatives across major IDNs.
- Coordinate customer sales support activities across assigned accounts: Lead customer business reviews, architectural drawing discussions, and equipment surveys. Coordinate Customer Experience Center and service Center visits, as appropriate.
- Ensure post-sales customer satisfaction and maximize perceived ROI: Maintain customer profiles as a matter of routine. Proactively conduct customer business reviews. Oversee the installation of new products after they are delivered to the customers. ensure the products have been installed properly, provide basic training and follow-up to ensure customers are satisfied and realizing the intended benefits of the partnership with all Hill-Rom. follow-up on customer complaints and out-of-box failures. Participate in service Center rental meetings.
- Maintain industry and product knowledge: stay abreast of current health care trends and technology.
- Be able to clearly articulate the economic benefit for the hospital, detailed functionality and benefit offering of each product line, how each product is best applied to meet emergent customer needs and the benefits products will provide to both the patient and caregivers.
- Information management: Accurately forecast accounts. Record activities and contacts within salesforce.com and ensure that all information remains current and provides enough detail to be useful.
- Travel as required to manage assigned territory and to attend regional/national meetings.
- BS, BA degree from a 4-year accredited university required
- 3 - 5 years of experience selling in the health care field; durable medical equipment solutions selling preferred
- Effective influencing skills –ability to understand the needs of, and influence, personnel ranging from nurses to C-level decision makers
- Strong analytical skills - able to effectively track sales activity, develop sales plans, understand local market and competitive trends and complete the analysis of sales deals
- Strong business acumen – able to understand customer economic drivers, structure sales deals, reach pivotal agreements within the sales cycle
- Effective planning/organizational skills
- Excellent formal presentation skills
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong strategic thinker
- Adaptable and flexible
- Variable travel up to 40% - 75%