As a Sales Compensation Analyst, you will be responsible for analyzing quarterly sales performance and processing commissions based on defined incentive plans for the global sales organization. The Sales Compensation Analyst is a highly analytical individual, with the ability to calculate commissions for a variety of roles accurately and efficiently, as well as communicate results to stakeholders in a digestible manner.
This position may be located in Boise or San Jose.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Analyze sales results and calculate commissions accurately and timely according to plan provisions
- Compile reports from various reporting systems, validating data and researching exceptions
- Prepare commission statements and distribute to sales personnel
- Answer questions and educate sales personnel on compensation plans
- Respond to commission inquiries and resolve reconciliations in a timely manner
- Prepare commission reporting, analyzing trends and providing insights
- Participate in special projects (e.g. ad-hoc analyses, commissions modeling, new tool implementation, etc.)
- Collaborate with Sales, Finance and HR to improve compensation plan design, process, and administration
- 3+ years of experience in sales compensation or a highly analytical role
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- Advanced Excel skills, including ability to build complex models with many variables and datasets
- Advanced Salesforce skills, including ability to build reports and dashboards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quickly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work cross-functionally and effectively with management
- Experience with Callidus, Xactly or other commission software.