Company Overview POOLCORP is the leading business-to-business wholesale distributor of swimming pool and landscape supplies, equipment, and related outdoor living products. Through our subsidiaries, SCP Distributors LLC, Superior Pool Products LLC, and Horizon Distributors Inc., we operate in more than 350 Sales Centers worldwide, with nearly 3,500 employees proudly serving the needs of customers. Each Sales Center operates as its own business; driving an extraordinary culture that involves a high work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a community presence all within a family-oriented work atmosphere.
Why POOLCORP? Because it’s a place where you can make an impact and grow! At POOLCORP you’ll find a wealth of management opportunities that support your individual and long-term career goals. Our stable work environment is further enhanced by our generous compensation and benefits package. Publicly traded since 1995, POOLCORP is a global organization with a long history of continuous success - clearly making it an industry leader – in so many ways! So, end your job search here – at POOLCORP – Where Outdoor Living Comes to Life!
Job Summary The Sales Center Manager exercises complete responsibility for developing and managing a business operation that increases sales, profitability, marketshare, and customer and employee satisfaction by directing, coordinating and monitoring all sales, branch operation and personnel developments activities.
- Assesses local market conditions, identifies current and prospective sales opportunities and develops forecasts, financial objectives and business plans for the sales center.
- Full financial management including budget, P&L, and sales center expenses.
- Sales management of both inside and outside sales efforts, multi-channel marketing, price matrixing, support of sales promotions and coordination with preferred vendors.
- Hires, trains, directs, and manages all sales center personnel involved with sales, customer service, accounts receivable, and warehouse operations. Depending on the size of the sales center, may perform rather than manage others in these activities.
- Accounts Receivable management including credit management, collections, and cash management.
- Oversight of Operations including supporting corporate operations procedures, working with Operations managers and buyers to determine stock items and inventory targets, manages non-performing inventory, ensures compliance with all safety and governmental regulations, provides proper facilities management.
- Entrepreneurial leadership to grow the business through new product development, customer and market development, complementary product marketing and strategic planning.
- Other non-essential job duties may be assigned.
- 5-7 years of experience in industrialdistribution, warehousing or equivalent.
- Strong sales aptitude and the ability to manage a team of sales representative.
- A knowledge of industrialproduct lines such as irrigation supplies, lawn and garden supplies, plumbing supplies, electrical supplies, light duty equipment, HVAC supplies, low voltage lighting, auto parts, or similar industrial tangible goods.
- A minimum of 2 years of management experience with full profit and loss responsibility for a $5-10 Million operation.
- Experience hiring, training and managing a staff of 10 or more employees.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Office software.
- Familiarity with inventory control software and customer management sales systems.