This position is responsible for supporting our eCommerce Category Advisory capability for key eCommerce and Omnichannel accounts. Responsibilities include supporting the development of eCommerce Category Advisory in the Beverage Alcohol category and partnering with Sales Leadership to influence key eCommerce and Omnichannel accounts in their Bev Alc eCommerce ambitions. Individual will develop strong rapport internal and external stakeholders (including wholesalers and accounts) to maintain Constellation’s Beverage Alcohol category leadership. Individual will report directly to Director of eCommerce Category Advisory
- Support pioneering and shaping what eCommerce Category Advisory in the Beverage Alcohol category means to position Constellation as the leader in Beverage Alcohol eCommerce thought and execution leadership
- Support the analysis and proposal to leverage and lobby for resources and capabilities to develop eCommerce Category Advisory capability while partnering with existing capabilities including but not limited to Category Solutions, Insights & Analytics, eCommerce Center of Excellence
- Analyze and share objective TBA assortment, merchandising and catalog recommendations to accounts balancing eCommerce “extended aisle” capabilities with curated, consumer-led assortments.
- Use IRI and other data syndication data information, category management, pricing & program, shelf, and assortment analyses.
- Work with retailers to assist them with analysis and understanding of their TBA business to meet retailer’s goals and CBI strategy and goals.
- Work with Insights to utilize syndicated and local/field/distributor resources to correctly cluster stores to drive assortment and promotional planning. Be able to analyze and understand consumer data.
- Partner with National Sales Team Leads in identifying and leveraging account-specific eCommerce capabilities, focuses and partnerships to curate assortment.
- Proactively develop and communicate reports and scorecards that will help grow our business as well as the account’s business.
- Partner with eCommerce Catalog Management and Operations team to ensure Constellation assortment is accurately represented and managed on account eCommerce sites (“digital shelf management”) in areas of keywords, onsite search optimization, product images and taxonomy. Role will include developing scalable workflow for new item setup and item maintenance.
- Partner with eCommerce Marketing team to develop account/customer-specific promotional calendars & identify and optimize promotional/marketing/business development opportunities
- Partner with eCommerce Sales team to develop digital-first insights, category leadership tools & resources to bring to our retailers, wholesalers & internal teams
- Serve as a liaison with key accounts to introduce solutions for site enhancements, consumer acquisition and conversion, site optimization, marketing, promotions, site search and email.
- Manage and contribute to various cross-functional projects that focus on driving service and sales performance.
- Contribute to the shaping and implementation of our eCommerce strategy through collaboration with various functional teams across the organization, including key stakeholders, in Marketing, IT, Finance, Supply Chain and external partners.
- Help recruit and develop new eCommerce team members.
- Performs additional responsibilities and duties as assigned by management.
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent job experience in the consumer products industry.
- Proven track record in building good relationships with customers as well as internal associates.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to gather and use customer feedback to identify customer and market needs and challenges.
- Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals with a minimum of direction.
- Proven analytical skills and understanding of syndicated data and its applicability to the beer category is required.
- Computer literacy with the ability to learn and use various software including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and e-mail programs such as Microsoft Outlook.
- Demonstrated technical skills required for the preparation of professional and effective sales presentations.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25% of his/her working time, including up to 5 hours driving time.
- 3-4 years sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry with one-year experience selling/serving in category management to the Off-Premise trade.
- A strong understanding of category management & direct experience with retailers
- Consumer products, beverage, or food industry experience
- eCommerce/Digital Commerce experience, experience interfacing with key accounts including but not limited to Amazon, Albertson’s, goPuff, Kroger, Target and/or Walmart
- Proven performance track record, particularly in building out new growth areas and accounts
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit.
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
- Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance stairs/ladders.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid driver's license, be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Chicago, IllinoisAdditional Locations
San Francisco, CaliforniaJob Type
Full timeJob Area
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).