Harland Clarke Corp. is a leading provider of best-in-class integrated payment solutions, marketing services, retail products, high-value transactional print and electronic documentation, and security solutions. The 140 year old company serves multiple industries including financial, insurance and investment services, big-box retailing, accounting software, commercial, direct selling associations, and franchising. Its clients range in size from major corporate brands and trade groups to small businesses and individual consumers. They are served through three business divisions: Payment Solutions, Marketing Services and Retail Channels. For more information,
The Card Services Sales engineer is a results-driven SME in the Payments industry that has experience in a competitive sales environment. This role will advise and assist Harland Clarke Account Executives in sales engagements and project implementations for Card Services solutions to existing and prospective clients. The primary expectation to fulfill this objective will be through in-depth onsite sales presentations and consultations to financial institution clients.
The incumbent must be knowledgeable about the Payments industry and trends, market conditions, Harland Clarke’s products and services, strategic partners and the competitive landscape in order to identify sales opportunities and provide insight with product/program recommendations and development.
Key Duties / Responsibilities - Essential duties are identified by asterisks.
Serve as strategic thought leader for Harland Clarke focusing on Card Services solutions through the following activities:
· Collaborate with the sales team in the preparation and delivery of sales presentations for all Card Services Solutions. (20%)*
· Analyze programs, products and solutions in order to understand the key pain-points, needs and opportunities with clients and prospects (15%). *
· Proactively looks for ways to do things better, quicker, smarter and more cost effectively for our clients. (5%)
· Gather data from the marketplace regarding competitive strategies and client needs to in order to identify new opportunities for our clients and our business. (15%)
· Actively package business challenges, Harland Clarke solutions, financial business cases, presentations, pricing models, ROI calculators and promotional material (support from Marketing) and train the sales team to pitch the solution to garner initial interest. (20%)*
· Transform industry insight into value propositions that leverage Harland Clarke capabilities as solutions for our clients. Develop a resource of relevant industry reports highlighting valuable statistics to be used as proof points. (10%)*
· Ensures implementation paperwork is completed, requirements clearly outlined for a smooth transition to the implementation team. (10%)
· Will be expected to serve as HC expert on Card Services initiatives and lead conference calls and training for Harland Clarke and clients (5%)*
All employees are responsible for demonstrating the company's Core Values at all times and for using Performance Excellence principles to continuously improve effectiveness, efficiency, products, and services. This includes, but is not limited to, participating on improvement teams, recommending and implementing improvement ideas, and participating in training and other activities to keep up to date on processes, information, etc.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with internal and external audits, to include providing information, performing assigned tasks to ensure compliance, and preparing and maintaining evidence that key duties identified as internal controls have been performed.
All employees are responsible for supporting and complying with safety and security policies to promote a healthy working environment.
Education & Knowledge Required
Requires a bachelor’s degree, with a concentration in business administration, marketing, economics, or other relevant field of study. Ideal candidate should have substantial knowledge of the Payments industry.
Experience / Skills / Abilities Required
· A minimum of five years Payment Industry experiencerequired with working knowledge of Chip enabled card technology (EMV)
· Salesexperience a preferred
· Ability to leverage industry experience to speak to best practices for optimizing results.
· Must understand and apply industry knowledge to Harland Clarke's and/or client financialdrivers, business models, and competitive strategy, largely as it related to Card Services
· Must be very detailed oriented
· Highly proficient in Office software, particular Powerpoint and Excel (pivots, macros)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the proven ability to explain complex and technical issues to lay people
· Exceptional ability to multitask and manage ever-changing priorities and deadlines
· This position requires the ability to travel up to 50% of the time throughout the U.S.
Communication & Contacts Required
· This individual has contact with current clients, prospective clients, strategic partners, and various employees within the following processes: Sales and Marketing, Card Services, Creative, and Project Services.
· Client Facing position that requires both strategic and tactical experience in the Payments Industry
Position requires above average judgement and decision making ability.