Sales Business Development Manager
Cisco Systems is one of the most innovative companies in the information technology industry. We hire highly talented individuals who will continue Cisco’s global leadership, helping customers achieve their business outcomes.
Cisco seeks a Manager of Sales Business Development to identify and evaluate new markets and suggest creative approaches to drive new and incremental revenue streams for Cisco and its Strategic Partners. A forward-looking view, the Manager of Sales Business Development will determine potential evolution strategies for the business. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and brings the business analytics and financial analysis skills necessary to drive sound decisions about future direction. Work directly with key customers and account teams to assist with the identification, design and implementation of business solutions. The focus is on customer business priorities, leveraging Cisco’s architectures to create competitive differentiation for the end customer, delivered by a Strategic Partner relationship. We are seeking individuals that have a demonstrated ability to see the customer side of the business technology solution and lead business-centric transformation.
The Sales Business Development Manager - Global & Strategic Partner Organization will be responsible for creating the joint vision & global strategy/frameworks and associated activities to build and optimize joint GTM for accelerated time to revenues. This position is part of Cisco’s Global & Strategic Partner Organization, working with Cisco’s Ecosystem partners to create and deliver innovative solutions, whole offers and innovative GTM engagement models that deliver significant business value for clients, and increased revenue for Cisco. In doing so, our partners and Cisco create and sustain new and profitable growth engines by aligning and applying an architectural and vertical market sales approach.
What You'll Do:
Candidate must have demonstrated experience in Sales Channel Business Development with business and technical acumen.
Work globally with GEO stakeholders to define and drive partner acceleration best practices.
Build relationships with key sales & channel stakeholders within the global sales organizations.
Work with GEOs and channel partners to deliver best practices like workshops, enablement and communicate the value of Cisco portfolio.
Collaborate with Solutions Architecture & Engineering team to build amplification and acceleration plans, work closely with channel GTM teams to execute the plan.
Who You Are:
Requires a minimum BA degree or equivalent and 5+ year’s partner account management experience in a fast-growth, high technology business.
Experience with partner community and competitive landscape is a plus. Experience in technology/architecture understanding is a plus.
In-depth knowledge and mastery of key elements of the selling process (i.e., strategic account planning, extended resource engagement, sales cycle, Cisco business Partners, etc.).
The ability to execute at multiple levels within Cisco including Sales, Delivery Management, and Practice Leadership.
Strong partnership skills and relationship management a must.
Comfortable working in a matrix sales organization
Requires an undergraduate degree and 5-8 years’ experience with Data Center sales and Business Development.
Experience in sales channel or direct sales. Sales Business Development, Account Management, Partner Management or Sales Engineering capacity.
Outstanding presentation skills required to sell the value of Cisco Technology, in field of Next Generation Data Center.
Must have demonstrated negotiation skills, be a self-starter, and a strong closer.
Experience selling in technology and networking industry and knowledge of Data Center is preferred
Candidates must be able to demonstrate skills to negotiate issues with peers, partners and customers using a Win/Win philosophy.
Who You’ll Work With:
- Technical proficiency to work across the wide range of technologies, products and markets covered by Cisco's Data Center Portfolio like Hybrid Cloud, Multi-cloud, Converged Infrastructure, Cloud-Center, ACI, DevOps.
- Understanding of Security portfolio and its application to Data Center would be a plus.
- Strong track record that includes demonstrable career progression and a focus on the high-tech industry
- Experiences of how network and cloud interact, future role of Cloud evolution, etc.
- Demonstrable experience selling complex technical solutions to executive management
- Ability to network within a client organization to identify all key influencers and decision makers.
- Strong decision making and communication skills
- Practical, execution result oriented approach
- Excellent business judgment & uncompromising integrity
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and work with minimum supervision
- Passion for the Data Center business
- Collaborative Nature to drive success
- Strategic Thinker with strong Problem Solving skills