Job DescriptionDo you live in the San Diego area? Are you competitive, confident in your ability to sell, assertive, and dependable? Are you curious, have strong business acumen and have a passion for understanding how businesses work? Can you provoke constructive conversation with your customers? Do you work well in a dynamic team environment?
We are BI WORLDWIDE®.
We're the global leader in engagement solutions that drive measurable results for our clients around the world. Think employee engagement, sales force effectiveness, channel partner loyalty, and customer engagement. We apply the principles of behavioral economics to engage the people who impact our customers' business results. We help them translate their strategic goals into actionable solutions that influence perceptions, change behavior and deliver measurable results on a local, national, and global level.
We are seeking candidates located in the San Diego area to join our sales team based in Orange County.
As a Business Development Director, you are responsible for working to develop relationships and understand the critical business strategies of our customers then working with a team of subject matter experts to create and execute a solution to help the customer achieve their business objectives.
* Must be currently located in the San Diego area.
* Minimum seven years of direct B2B sales experience calling on Fortune 500/Global 500 companies
* Clear history of new business development selling marketing solutions, or professional business services
* Demonstrable sales success through prospecting and growing revenue in large accounts
* Large volume sales experience ($250k plus per sale)
* Experience with broad range of sales cycles (three to six to twelve months)
* History of career stability with a maximum of three employers in the last ten years
* Compensation derived through highly leveraged commissions and bonuses
* Four year college degree is required; advanced degree is a plus
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products is required; Proficiency with web, SaaS, and mobile applications a plus
Compensation is not capped and is based on your performance. We offer a base salary, plus commissions tied to revenue production, and a fiscal year bonus calculated based on your revenue productivity and profitability of that revenue. For your first two years, we also offer an opportunity to earn bonuses for achieving key performance indicators tied to sales activities.
Business Development Directors are automatically eligible for a full suite of performance management reward programs, including an annual President's Club travel award. Other benefits include car allowance, company laptop, mobile device reimbursement and full expense account for client entertainment.