Hyliion is currently hiring a Sales Associate to join our team in Cedar Park, Texas. In this role, you will be responsible for achieving sales targets and exceeding customer satisfaction goals. Reports to Director of Sales or Sales leadership.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for sales cycle from lead generation, prospect qualification and close for key account fleet customers to meet sales objectives defined by Sales leadership
- Manage all pre-sale support activities in collaboration with Account Management/Customer Engineering including qualification of customer application and truck specification as well as some post-sale support such as data reviews and compiling/presenting customer value stories.
- Contribute to sales pipeline and forecast generation across multiple product lines to support internal organizational goals and public revenue/unit guidance
- Provide Voice of Customer feedback to Product Marketing and Engineering teams to drive adoption and future product development
- Collaborate with marketing team for drip campaigns, press releases, and trade shows emphasizing lead generation and building fleet leadership relationships
- Support preparation of customer presentations, customer experience summaries, sales updates, and board updates for sales leadership
- Willingness to travel up to 70% for fleet customer meetings as well as trade shows primarily in the United States
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Competency with a CRM tool such as SalesForce
- Ability to provide confident responses to customer inquiries with a customer-first mindset
- Ability to collaborate and to influence cross functionally between Operations, Engineering, Marketing and Executive leadership
- Ability to manage a fast pace environment with ambitious sales targets
- Ability to wear multiple hats through a dynamic growth stage in the organization while maintaining focus on sales goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a sales or customer-facing engineering role
Preferred Qualifications: (optional section)
- MBA preferred
- Commercial vehicle or automotive industry experience
- Ability to lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- For the most part, ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional equipment as found in a typical office
Hyliion is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.