Lincoln's branch located in Marlton, NJ is seeking an experienced and licensed Sales Assistant to service one of their successful Financial Advisors. The following are the main responsibilities of this role.
A. Client servicing
1. Answer client phone calls
2. Assist clients with inquiries
3. Assist clients' accountants, lawyers, family members, or powers of attorney with issues
4. Perform research in order to answer questions
5. Provide solutions to complex client issues, while keeping the financial representative advised.
6. Upon client request, calculate pension estimates using various software programs
7. Take instructions from clients and process transactions
8. Examine account reviews as needed and inform financial representative of any required changes
B. Sales support
1. Review client accounts, determine possible investment recommendations and review with financial representative for suitability.
2. Review client files to determine possible sales opportunities (moving buy & hold assets to advisory)
3. Prepare client information
4. Schedule appointments based on financial representative/client requests
C. Post Appointment Follow Up
1. Create summary correspondence based on financial representatives meeting with client
1. Review paperwork for accuracy and submit to Lincoln's home office for processing
2. Follow up on submitted paperwork to ensure accurate processing by home office
3. Escalate on going operational problems to branch administrator and advise of any trends regarding errors
4. Generate paperwork for loan request and send to client
1. Draft correspondence. Ensure proper disclosure language is contained in the body of the letter
2. Maintain financial representative calendar
3. Quarterly mailings and greeting cards
4. Seminar preparation- invitations
5. Ensure marketing campaigns/mailings are compliance approved
6. Stay apprised of recent changes to industry and/or company rules and regulations
7. Other projects & tasks as assigned
8. Attend Branch Administrators/Sales Assistants conferences, National Sales Conference as needed
9. Provide training and assistance to junior staff in the branch
10. Participate in focus groups with branch and corporate personnel.
Required: At least 5 years of previous experience in sales support
Investment / Brokerage operations experience
Customer service experience
Thorough knowledge of mutual funds and retirement plans
Word processing and spreadsheet experience.
Software Programs Used:
Retirement analysis software
Be willing to learn other software as needed
Strong customer relations orientation
Oral and written communication skills
Strong computer skills
Strong Organizational and time management skills (i.e., ability to manage multiple priorities)
Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience preferred.
Series 6 or 7 registration required.
CFP or Para planner preferred