The Area Manager/Director is responsible for driving profitable revenue and market share growth for the Patient Support Systems (PSS) portfolio in assigned geographic territories and health systems for capital, rental & service products within the acute care setting. He/she will provide sales leadership to team of field sales representatives (account executives) and clinical support associates (clinical outcomes managers) and is expected to build a high performing, collaborative team. This leader is accountable for understanding the market dynamics and competition and leading/facilitating the development of market specific strategies with robust tactical implementation plans. He/she establishes individual rep sales targets, monitors attainment, coaches for performance and proactively addresses issues. This leader is expected to be “hands on” in the field with his/her team members actively coaching for high performance, developing customer relationships, and personally assisting with deals in key strategic accounts. He/she may be asked to personally manage C-Suite IDN relationships within the respective geography.
- Recruits, develops, manages, and motivates a high performing team of sales professionals
- Creates and maintains a collaborative, performance based culture, consistent with the Hill-Rom Commitment and focused on achieving profitable revenue growth
- Develops annual and quarterly sales strategies and plans for assigned area to maximize profitable revenue growth in alignment with Company strategy and customer needs
- Effectively defines and communicates sales targets; proactively manages performance against targets
- Coaches team members on appropriate sales process, tactics, pricing, deal structure, use of CRM, customer and financial data
- Builds and maintains relationships with major hospital systems, IDN’s
- Performs regular field travel to coach team members and understand customer needs and dynamics of the market
- Actively participates in the monthly operational planning processes, business reviews, and provides accurate forecasts to review/adjust against P&L goals
- Ensures weekly implementation of project tracking/forecasting via the CRM system.
- Stays abreast of market trends and competitive pressure; proactively shifts sales strategy and plans as appropriate
- Proactively work with AEs, SCMs, sales specialists and business support functions (i.e. marketing, finance, sales operations, etc.) to effectively organize, assemble and arrange resources to meet strategic and tactical goals
- Fosters effective relationships among colleagues across business units and functions optimizing profitability and customer satisfaction
- Interacts effectively with customers, clearly articulating the Hill-Rom value proposition and providing solutions that improve outcomes for patients and caregivers
- 10+ years of experience in sales with at least 5 years of experience in the Acute Care capital equipment space. Additional experience with Acute Care rental therapy products preferred.
- 3+ years of experience managing a sales team of direct reports
- Expertise in capital and rental product sales process from initial planning for potential opportunity to structuring and closing a sales deals
- Strong business acumen – strong knowledge of business financials, ability to effectively structure the financial aspects of a sales package, and ability to define the economic benefits of the products to the care providers and administrative personnel.
- Effective planning and program management skills – strong skills at defining strategies and plans to drive growth in defined markets.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills – ability to understand key customer clinical issues and provide solutions that maximize the value to the customer
- Exceptional communication skills; listens well, displays excellent written and oral communication, delivers presentations with impact
- Works smoothly across a matrix organization, proactively developing and managing collaborative relationships with colleagues across business units and functions
- Demonstrated experience in planning, forecasting and sales resources deployment