Sales Applications Engineer
- Extensive field sales experience with primes and tier 1 supplies involving complex engineered products and technology.
- Must be able to communicate technology and product value to all key personnel including purchasing, tech support, product management, business development and engineering. Strong presentation skills.
- Actively drives and manages the sales process working in conjunction with a sales, customer service, and production teams as the key commercial advisor and product advocate. Solid technical acumen, engineering degree preferred
- Strong relationship and customer development skills
- Solutions selling – ability to identify customer needs and create a solution with company capabilities.
- Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the selling cycle.
- Develop and implement customer visitation schedule to effectively follow-up with potential and existing customers.
- Will monitor recent developments in the industry and keep company’s management informed of market developments and required resources to accomplish sales objectives.
- Will prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts based on market data, general market trends and conditions as well historical data, presenting sales reports and suggestions to management.
- Will organize advertisement and participate in trade shows and operator conferences.
- Requires overnight travel
Technical (knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 1-3 years engineering experience
- 1-3 years of sales experience in the cutting tools
- Cutting Tool Experience
- TQM or related training a plus
- ISO 9001:2008 knowledge a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Access
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong desire to excel, and the ability to motivate others to succeed
- Statistical Analysis
- Ability to read blueprints
- Experience with CAD/CAM software a plus
Behavioral Core Competencies
- Leadership skills - Must be able to lead and follow as required for positive internal business relationships.
- Developing People - Fosters continuous growth and learning of team members, provide support to peers on technical assignments by giving information and advice.
- Business Awareness - Understand Kyocera Precision Tools Inc. mission, products, services and key business challenges. Realize how external trends influence customers and competitors organizations
- Relationship Building – Collaborates effectively with customers and peers, seeks information and feedback from customers’ key decision makes, communicates effectively, uses language and terminology appropriate for the audience
- Implementing – Focused on results, possess a bias for action, makes timely decisions, is adaptable and has an impact that adds business value to the organization
- Quality - Actively seeks ways to continuously improve products and services
Required Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- (4) Year-College Degree or a combination of experience and education
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Technical Sales environment
- Must pass criminal background check and drug test
- Basic math skills with ability to convert American standard to metric.
Software Skills Required:
Basic: Alphanumeric Data Entry, Database, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing