Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a Sales Applications Engineer, North America to achieve or exceed annual sales targets and other objectives in a professional manner, as an integral part of a long term sustainable business growth strategy. In this role, the Sales Applications Engineer, North America will support the sales team in selling the assigned product ranges (Hypro Precision Agriculture)Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with the North American Sales Team to aggressively seek and convert new opportunities to Hypro Precision Agriculture products. Precision Agriculture products include technology spray nozzles, electric valves, smart pump solutions, as well as future product additions.
- Assists sales representatives in the field throughout North America to help customers with product selection and integration into various types of application equipment.
- Works with engineering and R&D groups to assess challenges or product improvement desires and provide a configured solution with the assigned product portfolio.
- Technical expertise: This position will be the technical expert for the assigned product portfolio within the Precision Agriculture Market. Responsibilities include servicing customers, attending trade shows, and participating in seminars and otherevents to share, gain and improve industry specific knowledge. This person will also be an active member in at least one industry professional organization.
- Business Performance: This position will develop and execute strategies with the local sales leader and focus on assigned product sales through the existing sales channels and provide technical support to the sales team.
- Supporting the sales team:
- Join sales reps on sales calls and visits with existing and prospective customers to grow sales revenue, promote products and ensure customer service.
- Develop clear and effective written proposals, specifications, and quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Coordinate sales and service effort with marketing, sales management, logistics and technical service groups.
- Provide sales forecasts for the assigned product line to Product Managers and sourcing & procurement team through SIOP (sales inventory and operations planning) process
- Develop and provision customer training programs
- Identify potential accounts for future territory expansion.
- Maintain positive relationships with key contacts at strategic customers
- Report regularly to the local leader and global sales teams, sharingexperience and information (monthly reports, meetings and/or conference calls)
- Provide regular market feedback to Vertical Market Leader and global sales teams (competitor organization, products, sales, pricing, regulations and major events in the market)
- Participate in trade shows and conventions
- New Product Development: This position will gather and communicate new product input and customer feedback to the internal organization, including voice of the customer, and aggressively penetrate assigned territories with designated new products following launch.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues in all functions and locations, to ensure the overall objectives of the company are met.
- Maintains and develops relevant professional, technical and commercial knowledge so as to be able to competently sell solutions to solve customers’ problems.
- Undertakes additional responsibilities as and when required for the Applied Water Platform
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering (or similar field), or equivalent technical experience.
- The position requires a minimum seven (7) years experience demonstrating in-depth experience of fluid handling applications, agro chemical spraying applications, fluid handling products (including pumps) and/or agricultural machinery.
- Prior leadership, project management, proficiency with business finance principles, and new product introduction experiencerequired.
- Best in class organization, communication, and customer liason skills inclusive of formal presentation skill and ability to work across a broad customer base ranging from global corporation to small owner managed businesses.
- Self- motivated, positive attitude, demonstrated ability to contribute to business development and planning.
- Ability to understand customer engineering requirements and match to the application of Flow Technology Specialty products.
- Familiar with the use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, e.g. SAP, MFG/PRO, for selling purposes. Proficient with use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and CRM like Salesforce.com. Familiar with 3D solid modelling software (SolidWorks).
- Ability to travel both nationally and internationally as required – the role will require approximately 50% of total working time to be spent in the field supporting and achieving sales. Periodic international trips, attending sales meetings etc. will also be required. Valid driver’s licence and passport required.
- Bilingual candidates preferred.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.