Sales Application Engineer - HVAC - OEM - Components
Title: Sales Application Engineer
Industry: HVAC OEM Manufacturing
Location: Clarksville, TN
The Sales Application Engineer is responsible for developing solutions to customer needs as part of the Commercial Heating and Air Conditioning Business within Commercial and Industrial Motors.
The successful candidate will drive profitable growth to the Commercial Heating and Air Conditioning Business. They will proactively engage customers, develop an in-depth understanding of customer needs, conceptualize solutions, present timely solutions to the business team and to the customer and complete necessary designs thru the NPD process when necessary (working alongside engineering, marketing, sales, procurement and manufacturing) to assure both Company and customer success.
This position also requires managing technical communications to support customer development and product enhancements. This position will also be responsible for assisting on business development projects in market research, marketing, and sales strategy. The selected candidate shall be capable of rapidly reviewing multiple specifications, prioritize RFQ’s based on probability of winning, and manage all outside communications.
· Works closely with customers and othersales team members to provide application specific designs and solutions
· Identifies and interprets technical requirements, deliverables, dates and other noteworthy programmatic details/constraints
· Finds the best possible way to drive projects internal to Company and makes the sale and drives the revenue.
· Prepares total quotation package and provides front end support
· Complete business development projects that will expand Company's market or product lines
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in ElectricalEngineering or Mechanical Engineering
· 5+ years’ experience within application, design, or technical sales
· 5+ years’ experience within HVAC – Electrical Motor - Components
· Ability to travel20% - 40% of time, depending on customer needs
· Familiarity with power electronics equipment including VFDs.
· Demonstrated application knowledge and/or commercial experience with Heating and Air Conditioning System Equipment, Electric Motors and Motor Drives.
· Experience in obtaining customer approvals as part of product moves, design changes, product enhancements.
· Strong technical skills related to electrical/mechanicalengineering and/or power electronics
· Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening) and the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse group of professionals
· Good time-management skills and ability to set priorities
· Strong commitment to customer service and teamwork
· Salary up to $120K base + 30% target bonus (Paid Quarterly)
· Company Vehicle + Expenses
· Full Benefits – Medical – Dental – Vision – Life – Retirement
· PAID FULL RELOCATION
· Outstanding Core Culture and Vertical Career Growth Mobility