The Opportunity | Sales Application Engineer - Coating Technologies
Location: either Atlanta (Peachtree City) and Chicago
Travel: 50% travel to customers and CW sites
Incumbent will be responsible for specification development and business growth for the Everlube Products business, a manufacturer of solid film lubricants (SFL) also known as "lubricating paints", in the USA and Europe. Along with that responsibility, the incumbent will work with targeted companies to develop engineered coating specifications, and provide technical support for OEMs and end customers. Finally, as an internal subject matter expert, this position will provide support to the seven CW Surface Technologies coatings facilities for process and equipment optimization.
The Sales Application Engineer will ensure continued sales growth for Everlube Products. This will be accomplished through development and expansion of engineered coatings / SFL specifications. The Specification Development Engineer will also actively participate in technical societies such as SAE and NACE in the development of industry standard material specifications. The Specification Development Engineer will also provide support to CW coatings facilities to develop and optimize the applications of these coatings.
- 5+ years in engineered coating technology or related finishing business experience
- 3+ or more years in development of technical specifications in a variety of markets or industries related to coatings, metal finishing, or surface engineering
- Direct experience with coatings equipment and processes is desirable.
- Experience with technical societies such as SAE, NACE, ASTM, STLE (Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers).
- Ability to work as an integral part of a cross functional team in a multi-site corporate environment
- Ability to develop and implement a business development plan once approved by management
- Demonstrate a background capable of developing material specifications with OEMs.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of identifying new or underserved markets along with a sales strategy.
- Skills in effective written/verbal communications at all levels both within and external to CWST: Everlube.
- Usage of contact resource management software (ACT, Goldmine, etc.) for Everlube Products.
- Demonstrate competence with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Power Point and Access (desired).
- Demonstrate the ability to develop customer/industry specific sales and training presentations.
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline relevant to the metal finishing industry
- Associates degree with at least ten years of relevant work history in the finishing industry
All personnel throughout the company are responsible for and have authority to:
- Maintain their safety and the safety of other employees.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Complete and thorough follow-up on assigned tasks.
- Perform all other duties as required.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to product, process, and quality system.
- Identify and report any problems relating to the product, process, and quality system.
- Completing all required reports and documentation in a thorough and timely manner.