Amsted Rail is a globally integrated manufacturer. Railroads, as well as car builders, owners, and leasing companies rely on us to provide components and innovative systems for freight cars and locomotives, repair and service, track maintenance and location and condition monitoring. From the big picture to the finest details, Amsted Rail is continuously improving the heavy haul landscape.
We are currently looking for a Sales Application Engineer to work out of Peoria, Illinois.
The primary function of the Sales Application Engineer will be to support the Sales Director and Product Engineering in the respective manufacturing plants in the design and development of new and existing casting & spring applications for the industrial market.
Understanding and executing the full product launch cycle of a new product along with excellent interpersonal skills is a must. Position will report directly to the Sales Director for North America.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Assist in identifying new applications for the various industrial markets.
- Support Sales in development of potential new casting & spring applications. This will mainly involve discussions with customer engineering and/or cost estimating on specifics of manufacturability and functionality.
- Evaluate and analyze part design prints to meet customer and plant requirements.
- Assist in identifying material selections for existing and new applications.
- Lead product launch on all new applications which may include processing and inspection of all samples and prototypes to meet customer requirements and due dates.
- Provide processing/quality support to customers and supply base.
- Assist current supply base in troubleshooting existing issues and identifying continuous improvements opportunities.
- Interface with suppliers & customers providing feedback on new and existing new and existing design applications.
- Ability to travel up ~ 40%.
BS Degree in Engineering Technology, Materials Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
Minimum 10 years manufacturing and process engineering including 5+ years in development of casting and wrought steel components (i.e. springs).
Proficient in Solid Works or any other design related software.
Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
Strong interpersonal, verbal & written skills.
- Must have the ability to work with people. Must be a team player with willingness to freely exchange ideas and relate well with others. Must possess a high level of motivation, with a positive attitude toward getting tasks accomplished.
- Must be willing to assume responsibility for accuracy and quality of work assigned.
- Must possess good organizational and planning skills.
- Self motivated to work in a rapidly changing priority environment.
- Must be detail oriented.
Through competitive wages, outstanding benefits, and internal advancement opportunities, you will have the chance to create a career of which you can be proud. If you are open to relocation, there are also vast advancement opportunities within the Amsted Corporation.
We offer a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. We are 100% employee owned.
- Reference Number3712167_3712167.