Sales and Service Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Chemicals
Summary of Position and Role:
The Service Manager will be responsible for managing a team of service technicians in an assigned territory. The Service Manager will be responsible for the team achieving revenue, sales, client loyalty/retention, DSO and quality metric standards/expectations, as well as ensuring the team is providing high quality service to clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage team of service technicians offering coaching, technical guidance, and skill development. Conduct annual performance reviews of staff. Work with Division Manager and Human Resources to determine and implement appropriate accountability/disciplinary action or termination when direct report performance does not meet company expectations/standards.
- Participate in the hiring process of direct report service staff in conjunction with the Division Manager.
- Ensure new hires are registered for appropriate level of state licensing. Fully train new hires in the field and document training meeting company standards.
- Accountable for achieving budgeted profit, sales, revenue, client loyalty/retention and DSO goals.
- Ensure service technicians are providing quality service and meeting service guidelines and specifications developed by the company and the client.
- Responsible for the completion and documentation of all quality audits scheduled in assigned area immediately and appropriately addressing all identified service issues. Audits include: Vehicle Inspections/Ride-Alongs, Pre-inspection, Client Cares, Quality and impromptu/unscheduled audits of small to medium sized accounts.
- Ensure that all technicians complete their assigned route work by the end of each month. Manage routes and account assignment for efficiency. Ensure coverage for vacations, holidays, illnesses and all other situations. Takes personal ownership to ensure no client goes without service.
- Accurately and personally conduct quarterly safety review and inventory of technician vehicle.
- Monitor cost control measures and report variances to Division Manager in all of the following categories:
- Service materials usage/cost assessment by route – monthly and annual report.
- Inventory control for truck and store room.
- Vehicle expense and maintenance
- Tools & equipment
- Product & Equipment Sales
- Accounts receivable and bad debt collection *Work with Division Manager on the budgeting process and setting sales and revenue goals.
- Provides guidance and assistance to IPM Specialists & CSR’s in resolving client concerns.
- Will participate in training as deemed necessary by the management team for professional development.
- Other tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Educational Requirements Needed:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience, Bachelor’s degreepreferred
- Required State Certifications – Specific to state in which service is performed.
- 1-3years of customer service experience and/or 1-3year of route sales or salesexperience
- 3-5years of pest control experience
- Prior supervisory experiencepreferred
Competencies and Specific Skills Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license;
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License
- Basic to intermediate mechanical skills and aptitude;
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret chemical labels and required safety precautions;
- Ability to use handheld electronic devices such as PDA, mobile phones, and personal computers;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional time management skills, effectively organizes own work, works within tight deadlines;
- Detailed orientated, diligently checks work, notices errors or inconsistencies
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products;
- Projects a professional image;
Environmental Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The environmental conditions and the physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties & responsibilities of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties.
Environmental Conditions of Position:
Position will be exposed to various work conditions, at a variety of client settings. Indoor conditions may include those consistent in a warehouse, food facility, individual resident, basement, attic, commercial kitchens, restaurants, and hotels. Indoor conditions may have dust, vapors, heat cold, noise, vibration, toxic conditions, work hazards, etc. Outdoor conditions may include exposure to the outdoor elements, seasonal weather, damp and/or dusty locations, freezing conditions, and hot conditions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
While performing the duties of the position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, climb, bend, kneel, reach with hands and arms, crouch, crawl, twist, push/pull, lift/carry on a regular basis up to 15 lbs. throughout the day, lift/carry occasionally lift up to 50 lbs., hand, eye, and foot coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to operate a Company vehicle between client sites, will be required to maintain DOT certificate, and may require CDL and/or Hazardous Materials endorsement.
The job description reflects the general details necessary to describe the duties and responsibilities of the position and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The SuccessFactors Competencies described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the job. These competencies will be assessed on an annual basis through the performance review process.
Leadership - Leads through change and adversity, makes the tough call when needed, builds consensus when appropriate, motivates and encourages others.
Managing People and Performance - Defines roles and responsibilities, plans for and manages resources effectively, develops realistic plans with contingencies, sets challenging and productive goals, aligns plans with company goals, seeks ways to reduce costs, motivates and challenges employees, delegates effectively, rewards contributions, seeks input from team when appropriate, leads through change and adversity, makes the tough call when needed, makes decisions timely, listens well, diffuses conflict before it starts, finds causes of and solutions to problems, applies clear/consistent performance standards and holds team accountable for results, handles performance problems decisively and objectively in a timely manner, is direct but tactful, offers coaching to improve performance.
Communication – Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Organizational Savvy – Operates within the organization's formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others' roles and perspectives, can sell projects and ideas across the organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 1year
- pest control: 1year
Required license or certification:
- Driver's License