The purpose of the Business Analyst is to provide support to Equipment Finance. Support will include trouble shooting daily issues aswell as focusing on identifying efficient solutions for meeting business needs. Emphasis will be on improving end user processes and ensuring efficient use of functional systems, including development of enhancements and automation of manual processes and improved data reporting capabilities. Relied upon for research, analytical, and problem solving skills, the Business Analyst will assist in identifying and resolving production issues. Responsible for identifying, analyzing, and documenting business needs and requirements.
The position will ensure that business processes are efficient, and effective within the existing and future business environments. Theposition will work closely with the business user functional community to understand and align business initiatives, system requirements, and business process.
- Work with business functional area to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of systems and introduce additional reporting and functionality
- Define objectives and gather requirements based on end user and customer needs.
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications and work closely with the functional and IT teams to develop and test solutions through user acceptance testing methodologies.
- Manage certain aspects of business systems analysis including project definition, requirement gathering, data analysis, and business process definition.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements definitions, business process descriptions, use case scenarios, business analysis and workflow analysis
- Plan, coordinate, and communicate business systems projects with user management and the user community; work cohesivelywith the user community to understand, recommend, and implement business process changes related to technology utilization.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, MIS, or equivalent direct work experience
- 5 or more years of specific business line or systems experience.Effective communication skills, as well as team-building skills, tofacilitate and influence effectively at all levels of the organization.Strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements. Abilityto communicate strategy, approaches and planning in a way that either a business audience or a technical audience would understand.
- Ability to orchestrate outcomes through direct and indirect influencing, understanding the parameters, boundaries and constraints tohelp drive an intended outcome.
- 7+ years of directly related work experience
- Understanding of functional policies and processes
- Business scenario / Use case documentation
- Problem and opportunity definition
- Familiarity with business process design, data definition, area analysis
- Experience with process and workflow modeling
- Requirements definition and prioritization
- Deployment and implementation planning