Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today’s gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Sales Analytics Manager who will join our sales team in Marysville, OH!
This position is responsible for leading a team of Sales Analysts supporting our Business Development and Field Sales Teams. This position will also develop sophisticated operational analytics tools with a focus on automation and data visualization. The Sales Analytics team acts as a support function for the Business Development and Field Sales Teams, while reporting up through the Sales Strategy and Operations Department.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Manage and develop a team of Sales Analysts supporting the Business Development Teams
- Establish best practices and onboarding documentation for the Sales Analyst team
- Create synergies across Business Development Teams to identify category trends and sales opportunities
- Coordinate and prioritize Strategic Selling data support requests from the Field Sales Team
- Collaborate with IT to leverage new tools as they become available
- Work with Master Data and IT to ensure data validity and integrity
What you’ll need to be successful:
- B.S. in Business, or related degree
- 3-5 years experience in Business Analytics, Sales Operations, Business Intelligence
- Strong proven analytical and systems capabilities previously demonstrated
- Highly skilled with analytics and data visualization tools
- History of team-oriented problem solving in a sales environment.
- The minimum technical knowledge required is that obtained from the successful completion of a degree in Business or related field.
- Intimate knowledge of sales processes as well as our customer requirements
- Ability to use current PC-based and cloud-based programs (Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, SAP Business Warehouse, Tableau, Tableau Prep, ETL)
- SQL, Python, R, a plus
- History of excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills -- Team player.
- Ability to support field sales and develop recommendations for efficiency that are supported by data analysis
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Onsite wellness center which includes: 24,000 sq. ft. fitness center, Walgreens pharmacy and Doctor’s office.
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse)
- Beautiful campus and corporate offices designed like a log cabin offering free coffee, chef run cafe and the best crushed ice!
- First day of hire, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network and GroPride Network, Scotts Young Professionals.
- 13 SMG paid holiday days and generous vacation policy.