The Sales Analyst is charged with enabling the Sales organization to create, manage and execute the company’s sales compensation and performance strategy. This role is responsible for utilizing all sales data and data tools to ensure that Rewards Network Sales employees are being compensated at an optimal level, aligned with our growth strategy with the expectation to drive revenue and profitability. Reporting to the Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis, the Analyst will also be responsible for compiling forecasts, analyzing performance results, product price management, preparing reports and analyzing sales data to understand trends, outcomes and opportunities. The incumbent will work closely with senior sales leadership and the finance and accounting team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Summarize performance data and trends, and provide management with succinct analysis and recommendations in both written and verbal formats in support of the business strategy and operating plan.
- Develops complex financial models to aid in the compensation planning processes, while tracking and quantifying compensation trends.
- Generates reports using data from Salesforce, Xactly, and other internal financial systems and provides recommendations for improving performance by forming the correlation between business strategies and drivers and technology capabilities.
- Recommends strategy change management as a result of forecasting future sales compensation models.
- Perform reconciliation (working with payroll) and validation as part of Rewards Network’s commission administration and calculation process.
- Work effectively with all levels of staff including Divisional Vice Presidents, Regional Managers, other financial analysts and corporate leadership.
- Create, coordinate, and lead the monthly review with sales leadership team, providing variance explanations and key performance drivers and areas of continuous improvement
- Various Projects and Ad Hoc Requests including the creation of executive decks, improving processes and policies, automation/improvement of reporting tools and dashboards to improve sales efficiency, data mining
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years experience with financial analysis , some sales compensation experience preferred
- Must be accurate and have intense attention to detail and quality with proven modeling and analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel required: able to use complex formulas, pivot tables, vlookups, macros, graphs and charts
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Incent or Xactly is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, project management, decision-making, and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze data and communicate the summary of the results, both verbally & written, in a clear and concise way.