The Sales Analyst will provide critical analytical support for the Pricing and Trade Management functions of our North America Sales Operations Group, playing a key role in the development of Pricing and Trade Spend Optimization strategies.
- Conduct business analysis to identify and respond to category, customer, retail, shopper and competitive industry trends, monitor and report on them on an ongoing basis, and provide recommendations to achieve business objectives.
- Develop, maintain and publish self-service reporting tools (in MS Excel and Tableau) to enable the Sales Organization to unlock better understanding of business trends, drivers and root causes.
- Leverage Sales & Consumption Data, Post Promotional Analysis, Market & Consumer insights, and Industry Best Practices to develop actionable Trade Investment Strategies, Programs and Tactics to drive Topline and Profit growth for GPN.
- Lead analysis to understand Promotional Efficiency & Impact and establish Organizational point of view on Promotional Investments.
- Support the development and presentation of long-term pricing architecture strategies to maximize revenue and profitable share growth across GPN's product portfolio and retail channel base.
- Utilize price elasticity of demand and other pricing models to forecast P&L impacts from changes in internal or competitive prices.
- Collect and analyze market trends, relative channel pricing trends, competitive prices, commodity costs, retailer margin structures, and promotional tactics to optimize pricing.
- Maintain and facilitate the enforcement of GPN's MAP policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Basic information of the position
- Advanced analytical capability
- Strong working knowledge of syndicated data (e.g., IRI, Nielsen, SPINS)
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Proven oral and written communication, story-telling, and influencing skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and assignments
- Bachelor's Degree Required - MBA preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a CPG or related environment
- FP&A Experience preferred