They need to live in MI (US citizen) & travel to Canada. LIVE ANYWHERE MICHIGAN
Sales Agronomist - Retail: MI/ON/QC The person in this position is responsible for the retailsales activities of Plant Nutrition products within the assigned territory. This is a technical sales position. The ideal candidate will have experience selling specialty value added plant nutrition products, a strong agronomy background, and have a solid understanding of plant nutrition.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy and 4-8years of proven success as a sales agronomist
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales objectives as a sales agronomist for high value specialty products
- Demonstrated superior territory sales and management skills and expertise
- Has consistently developed and executed plans to maximize sales potential
Travel: Must be able to travel 50-60% of the time with overnight stays. Company vehicle is provided. Clear driving record required.
- Retain and grow retail customer base and establish sustainable key relationships with retailers, distribution, growers/end-users, and industry within assigned territory
- Consistently meets or exceeds sales objectives consistent with regional and company financial objectives
- Develops, implements, updates and reports on sales and marketing plans for the territory including planning, promotions, equipment strategies and budget preparation
- Actively employ a customer segmentation strategy to execute customer development activities required to achieve growth targets, increase revenue and maximize margin
- Collaborate with the Regional Agronomist in developing and managing research and field trials focused on key crops and geographies.
- Identify dealer and grower education program needs. Participate in development and execution of education programs.
- Utilize innovative communication tools to improve grower awareness of product line, which includes Sulfate of Potash, nutrition products and additional products in development for growers and dealers.
- Establish customer contact plans at both management and field sales levels as guided by business results. This includes frequency, type of communication, etc.
- Actively implement and promote marketing programs and incentives for Plant Nutrition portfolio of products.
- Assist in planning and forecasting product movement to facilitate the SOIP and demand planning process.
- Communicate effectively using Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prepare PowerPoint presentations and comfortable with public speaking and making PowerPoint presentations to retailers, distribution, growers/end-users, and industry
- Supports internal database development through CRM (Contact Relationship Management) software.
- Identify and provide feedback on product improvement and new product development opportunities consistent with customer needs
- Provide market intelligence from within the territory
- Perform all duties with the highest level of integrity.