Sales Administrative Representative
Less than 5 years experience • Engineering Services
COMPANY OVERVIEW AND BACKGROUND
THK is the pioneer of Linear Motion Systems. Today, our LM Guide is an indispensable component of mechanical and electronic systems in a wide variety of industries which has promoted us as an industry leader withsales upward of $2.6 Billion. The versatility of our products allows for many uses across a wide variety of industries. As such, there’s vast opportunity for growth. We are seeking professionals to lead our expansion into new markets and market share.
Our position in the industry has allowed for a very stable environment for our workforce. The average tenure of a THK America, Inc. employee is 8years with more than a third of our workforcewith tenure of 10 years or more. We are extremely proud that our employees build careers within the company! This is likely due to the many benefits of working for an industry leader. We offer competitive compensation, bonuses based on company performance, a fast-paced, challenging work environment and the opportunity to influence organizational development alongside a diverse, committed, knowledgeable and friendly workforce. If you seek a rewarding opportunity to start or grow your career, THK is definitely the place for you!
SUMMARY OF ROLE
Help and support the inside sales activities by dealing with the customers, distributors, and THK sales staff, smoothly and timely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer phone calls and filing.
- Data entry-orders, inquiries.
- Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quote requests, returns and drawings.
- Assist in getting special Freight on Board (FOB) requests from Japan and THK Manufacturing (TMA) factories and keep these in a coordinated location in the branch.
- Create and keep current an open order report and monitor scheduled shipment dates to ensure timely delivery. If expedite is needed or if they are late on deliveries communicate with Japan or Ohio factories via phone or email.
- Communicating withengineering on RMA's & quote requests from customers.
- Provide price quotes to sales reps, distributors and OEM’s and have a current price list on hand for all customers.
- Research stock inquiries for sales reps, distributors and direct Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
- Communicating with D.C. on incoming orders from Japan & invoicing for customers.
- Follow up RFQ.
- Assist DM’s by updating individual account status with each other.
- Joint-call to customers with the DMs and Regional Manager.
- Coordinate with DMs to improve customer satisfaction.
- Get mail, sort, and provide it to Regional Office Manager to sign off.
- Take SAR Level 1 training- To better serve our customers. By recommending alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications.
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively withother team members, providing backup when needed..
- Take SAR Continuous Learning Program.
- Resolve billing and shipping discrepancies.
- Negotiate delivery with Japan and Ohio factories.
- Provide assistance and guidance to fellow coworkers.
- Provide information about THK products to customers/distributors via phone, fax, e-mail.
- Encourage improvement in office procedure, sales methods, sales administration.
- College Diplomarequired
- 0-3years customer service or sales office experience
- Manufacturing background helpful.
- Good common sense like “Do right things, do things right”
- Excellent phone etiquette
- AS400 proficiency helpful
- Keyboard proficient
- Microsoft Excel and Word proficient
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to read a print
- Speak English fluently
- Write correspondence legibly and intelligently
- Basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once
- Ability to carry out written or oral instructions
Job Type: Full-time
- SalesSupport: 1year
- Administrative Assistant: 1year