Sales Account Manager
Apply Now Businesses UTC Aerospace Systems Job ID 61003BR Date posted 02/13/2018 City Princeton State New Jersey CountryUS
UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products, employing approximately 41,000 people worldwide with approximate sales of $14.5 billion.
UTAS - ISR Systems Princeton (Sensors Unlimited Inc) is the leading developer and manufacturer of shortwave infrared (SWIR), one and two dimension focal plane arrays, cameras and systems. Our products have diverse applications in telecommunications, process/quality control, fiber optics inspection and military imaging industries. For additional information on our business, please visit our website: www.sensorsinc.com.
Sensors Unlimited, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of UTC Aerospace Systems, is looking for a SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER to develop, and capture, opportunities for short-wave infrared (SWIR) products and technology.
You will be responsible for growing ISR Princeton's business with defense and commercial OEM customers by developing, managing, and closing opportunities for SWIR systems and standard products, as well as contracts for the development of new SWIR products or technology. This requires regular delivery of presentations on SWIR capabilities and ISR Princeton's sensor technology to potential customers, including scientific, industrial, and/or military end users. You will go on field demonstrations to assist in showcasing SWIR technology to various customers. These demonstrations often occur during off hours. Prior experience with sales/business development, forecasting, and technical writing is preferred. Essential responsibilities include:
- Drive sales/revenue growth, ensuring that assigned financial targets are monitored and met
- Effectively manage assigned customer accounts and regions with a strong focus on customer service/support
- Plan and organize sales visits and provide regular product demonstrations, reports, market information, competitor information and customer feedback to the Company, including information to enhance product development.
- Develop, manage, and grow “sales pipeline”, with a strong focus on forecasting
- US Citizenship required
- 7 years of relevant experience in sales
- 5 or more years in a Sales / Customer Facing Role
- Experience in preparing and presenting technical and sales presentations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills
- Ability to build effective, cross functional relationships
- Ambitious self-starter who can manage competing priorities, and can follow through on assignment without redirection
- Previous experience in a Technical Sales Role
- Previous experience with imaging platforms
- Previous experience with U.S. government acquisitions and prime contractors focused on U.S. DoD
- Able to obtain a U.S. Security clearance, if necessary to pursue company business.
Education: BA/BS degree and 7+ years of experience
Or MA/MS degree and 3+ years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.