ABB is seeking for a Sales Account Manager, The goal of the “Account Manager” is to increase overall market share for ABB Turbochargers and increase the service revenue from our customers. This is accomplished by a direct sales approach meeting with customers and targeted potential prospects. This position works closely with Sales and Marketing Managers, Operations Managers, and Technical Managers, to help better understand our customer’s current requirements and promote the services offered by their corresponding service stations. Additionally, a major part of this position is to grow sales revenues via prospecting for new business and from our existing client base.
The position is primarily travel based with an estimated 75% travel.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Acquire and develop new business opportunities within their corresponding regions by working with the Sales Manager as well as Operations Managers and Business Development Manager. Assist in developing a Strategic Sales Plan.
• Use and promote the use of CCRP (Customer Complaint Resolution Process) and evaluate customer satisfaction. Relay results back to Sales and Operations.
• Understand the delivery terms and quoting methods of the Turbocharging unit and explain same to customers.
• Understand the operations process of their corresponding service station.
• Visit customer in a sequence determined by sales and operations while logging corresponding visit reports in the visit management data base.
• Develop a structured customer visiting plan.
• Develop customer profiles for customers in all corresponding market segments. Marine, power generation, compression fields, etc.
• Estimate potential for current as well as future customers.
• Promote and perform CIAC (Customer Information Awareness Course) presentations after determining the appropriate customer with sales and operations.
• Understand, explain, and personally deliver SIKO letters whenever possible.
• Understanding and promote the execution of global contracts between ABB and customers.
• Report any trends observed in the industry back to sales and operations.
• Identify potential OPAC, TCMA, and/or MMA customers and understand the risks and benefits involved in these types of contracts.
• Understand the basic principles of internal combustions engines and the role of the turbocharger.
• Perform New Turbocharger performance visits as per requirements of the BU – performance drivers.
• Understand the full range of services ABB Turbocharging provides and how we interact with other services stations throughout the world.
• Be the point of contact between the company and the customer.
• Work with inside staff and specialists to resolve any customer issues.
• Seek out additional revenue potential from customers and uncover any issues, working to correct them.
• Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively in a professional manner on all aspects on service activities, verbal or written, whilst understanding the importance of protecting the company's propriety information and intellectual property rights.
• Knowledge and ability to work with computer systems for the processing of all aspects of the order cycle from enquiries, opening orders, commercial documentation, invoicing, debit/credit etc, within the company practices and procedures.
• Act as Company's representative working to the company's code of conduct and in an ethical manner to expand business activities and strives to satisfy and exceed customer's needs and expectations.
• Special projects as required.
Associates' degree and 7 years' experience in sales in power plants or marine applications or high speed rotating equipment
Bachelors' degree and 5 years' experience in sales in power plants or marine applications or high speed rotating equipment.
*A Master’s Degree in required field = Credit given for 2 years of work experience.
*A PhD/Doctorate in required field = Credit given for 3 years of work experience.
Bachelors' degree in business, engineering, or related field.
5 + years' experience in sales in power plants or marine applications or high speed rotating equipment
5 + years' customer service experience
Excellent communication skills, accurate, and well organized
Experience in communicating with customers in a professional and convincing manner.
Strong customer orientation.
Good judgment and problem-solving abilities
Proficient in MS Office and ERP systems.
Knowledge of reciprocating combustion engine technology and / or industry