Summary of Responsibilities
The purpose of this unique role is to develop and create additional demand for Lubrizol’s products via Account & Territory Management (Contractors, Distribution), Opportunity Management (Engineers, Distribution, Building Construction Projects), training and consulting on Lubrizol’s products. The Sales Account Manager will execute on Sales Activities in a territory and/or market segment(s) so that our direct customers’ sales increase. Moreover, this role is key in influencing the long term strategic business plans based on their insights into the marketplace. This role is not direct sales. This role can be based anywhere in the Boston area.
Essential Job Functions
- Account Management with Contractors, Distribution, and our licensee sellers – maximize the long term value of select customers. Consulting service, support, training, and opportunity management
- Opportunity Management – generating awareness with engineers, securing specifications, driving contractor/distribution conversions, and new construction project wins
- Territory Management – developing and execute on Individual Territory Plans that allocate effort efficient across different types of customer to optimize our business growth profile
- Segment focus: Commercial Plumbing, Fire Protection, and HVAC
- Close collaboration with Marketing on development and execution of our go-to-market strategies
- Sponsor and train at product educational events and activities to build interest and demand for Lubrizol’s products.
- Attend and support trade shows and conferences to promote the benefits of Lubrizol’s products, both via educational events and those that are customer-oriented.
- Responsive to the customers’ needs and follow through on all aspects of request, both written and verbal.
- Present to various groups within the customer’s organization when needed.
- High quality and timely CRM reporting per established guidelines and assigned KPI’s (sales activities, project/account deals, specifications, new business development, training).
- Develop a thorough understanding of technology, key product attributes, applications, and performance requirements in the focus market segments
- Identify, develop, and implement business development initiatives that open up the available market for our products (e.g. new codes and standards that allow our product categories)
Skills, Qualifications, Experience, Special Physical Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited university – Business, Marketing, Technical
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience, preferably applications or product development experience
- Minimum of 5 years of sales, marketing, and/or business development experience (Plumbing/HVAC products preferred)
- Healthcare Construction Industry knowledge preferred
- Ability to travel domestically (60-80%)
- Demonstrated abilities and successes in implementing new product, solution, technology and value selling programs
- Excellent sales and communication skills, as demonstrated by the ability to develop and deliver professional presentations
- Effective as an advocate and consultant
- Business Acumen
- Building Relationships
- Decision Making
- Focus on customers
- Results Orientation
- Strategic Thinking
- Highly Self Motivated
- Existing relationships in target industries is a plus