Seek, Find and Develop new opportunities for OSM within strategic customers, industries, and target markets while strategically managing the customer relationship road map. Defines shared vision with customer to grow the business relationship and develops and sponsors tactics to achieve strategic objectives across functional groups or within a business group through most senior-level internal and external customer interaction. Establishes strategic direction and develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with minimal supervision or review, including new business opportunities, contract negotiation and project awards. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. End results are evaluated for achieving goals and objectives. Extensive contact with executive-level internal and high-level external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information towards winning new business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
- Full responsibility for revenue and profitability within assigned territory.
- Pricing negotiation and submission is a core responsibility.
- Typically assigned to pursue large accounts or strategic customers and/or industries.
- Establishes and manages any assigned customer relationships, striving to capitalize on organic revenue growth opportunities.
- Demonstrated strategic capability to look beyond the customer and understand the end market and industry.
- Manages the customer relationship road map from a strategic relationship perspective.
- Negotiates contract terms and requirements with customers.
- Ultimately held accountable for revenue growth success within assigned territory.
- Exhibits demonstrated successful relationship-building skills with highest-level audiences at more strategic and senior levels within the customer’s organization and within OSM.
- Responsible for the Request for Proposal (RFP) submission for new opportunities at existing accounts or new prospects.
- Indirectly supports and engages internal team members through OSM’s business model.
- Full responsibility for continuous improvement of customer relationship performance metrics and customer satisfaction.
- Assumes leadership role in client-level strategic planning meetings.
- Manages and drives the Quarterly Business Review (QBR) process with new accounts.
- Timely and accurate use of OSM tools (digitized data system, quote process, etc.)
- Advanced contract and negotiation knowledge/experience at a more strategic level
- Leadership/people-management skills
- Strong customer service skills and experience
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, ABILITIES AND BEHAVIORS
- COMMUNICATE: Able to clearly communicate client feedback and direction for tasks to appropriately selected individuals or teams; Able to remove obstacles to administration and / or execution. Able to allow for and contribute accurately for resource allocation.
- SPEAK COMPETENTLY: Able to speak clearly and concisely; Able to use appropriate vocabulary for the audience; Able to get point across unambiguously and check for understanding
- PRESENT SKILLFULLY: Able to prepare and deliver clear, effective, and professional presentations
- DELIVER EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE: Able to demonstrate sensitivity to customer needs (both internal and external) and proactively address customer needs; Able to make customer satisfaction a high priority
- NEGOTIATE: Able to apply effective questioning and listening techniques to determine each party's position; Able to look for common ground and build on areas of agreement to reach win-win outcomes; Able to ensure the agreed-upon alternatives have the support of all parties involved
- SELL: Able to identify the needs of internal and external customers through effective questioning and listening techniques; Able to apply technical / professional knowledge, interpersonal and sales skills to obtain customers' commitment to services or products
- INFLUENCE: Able to use effective communication and interpersonal skills to convince others to accept ideas or goals (with or without the formal authority of a higher position); Able to gain agreement and commitment from others to support and implement methods or processes
- BE PROFESSIONAL: Able to project a positive, professional image with both internal and external business contacts; Able to create a positive first impression; Able to gain respect and trust of others through personal image and demeanor
- DELIVER QUALITY RESULTS: Able to deliver top quality service to all customers (internal and external); Able to ensure all details are covered and adhere to OSM’s policies; Able to strive to do things right the first time; Able to meet agreed-upon commitments or advises customer (internal and external) when deadlines are jeopardized.
- BE DECISIVE: Able to make sound decisions within time constraints; Able to commit to a course of action, even in ambiguous situations, without excessive deliberation; Able to identify unique (but effective) solutions
- THINK STRATEGICALLY: Able to see the "big picture" and be future-thinking; Able to anticipate future trends and consequences accurately; Able to take a broad perspective; Able to create a vision of organizational objectives; Able to make decisions based on long-term company goals
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Degree in Engineering required
- Over five (5) years employment with a hardware or electronics assembly contract manufacturer
- Over ten (10) years work-related experience required, preferably in Business Management or Technical Sales fields.
- Significant previous strategic account management experience preferred.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.