Sales Account Manager
Develops and maintains favorable relationships with new and existing clients in order to increase revenue. Ensures that organizational goods or services consistently meet client needs. May beresponsible for providing sales quotations as well as sustaining and renewing clientcontracts.
Essential to this Position
Menasha Packaging Company is looking for an Account Manager that will be responsible for selling specialty services, Point of Sale, folding carton and display-related products to a customer base and promoting value-added services within the Upper Midwest territory.
- Gain thorough understanding of strategy and effectively represent strategy to customer base.
- Effectively plan and execute strategies to promote Menasha products to customer.
- Aid in the selection of strategic target accounts and develop and implement account plan as prescribed.
- Proactively prospect for new business at both existing and potential customers. Establish viable prospect lists; follow up on sales leads and make cold calls on potential customers.
- Make direct customer calls for the purpose of selling, servicing, and consulting. Follow up with customers on quoted projects and sample requests.
- Report back to Sales Manager on quote/order conversions, and monitor competitive pricing situations. Maintain records of follow-up activities in sales contact database.
- Serve as liaison between Menasha and the customers. Work with cross-functional teams, including customer service, estimating, design, quality and production, to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded.
- Help establish annual sales objectives and meet/exceed territory sales budget. Keep accurate records that enable accurate sales forecasting.
- Maintain a current understanding of computer systems, hardware and software used to conduct business activities.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets.
- Call on Strategic Retail and Consumer Products Goods Companies (CPG) customers for the sale of: On-shelf packaging, in-store POS, launch kits, and retailmerchandising solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years in outside sales experience.
- Experience in consumer products within consumables, health and beauty categories are preferred. Experience calling on Retail Customers required.
- Knowledge of commercial offset & digital printing processes and procedures, workflow & proofing to customers.
- Knowledge of retail and consumer trends, off-the shelf merchandising, including carton and container designs, as well as pricing and costing is a plus.
- Ability and desire to build value-added, lasting relationships with customers.
- Able to drive competitive advantage by responding quickly to customer requests and coordinate multiple priorities and projects successfully.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, including written and verbal communication, as well as ability to effectively deliver presentations.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired. Business, packaging or related field preferred.