Power Sport/Fluid Power Sales Account Manager would be responsible for managing the sales of their territory and/or set of specific accounts in the Power Sport Market and Fluid Power Market Segment in Heartland of Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan and Ohio. Duties would include maintaining and growing share and developing new business, all in support of Koyo’s overall short and long term Power Sport and Fluid Power strategic sales goals
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
The primary role of this individual is to sell and promote Koyo bearing products to Power Sport and Fluid Power OEM’s, servicing the existing customer base and growing overall sales by increasing share at existing accounts and developing new accounts.
Major duties include working directly with purchasing personnel to negotiate pricing and delivery issues on new and existing business, and working withengineering personnel on new product launch issues, such as bearing selection and the product approval/design process. Additionally, this person is expected to build relationships with customer’s senior management, manufacturing, quality, sales and marketing in order to deeply strengthen Koyo’s position.
This person would be expected to provide regular written reports to their direct customer’s with copies to internal personnel outlining key issues and documenting action plans for key projects, with the goal of
building strong cross functional support.
This individual would be responsible for collecting, reporting and managing the customer forecast information internally.
This individual will be expected to prepare and present a territory business plan to sales management.
It is expected that this person will be proficient with systems such as SharePoint, Oracle and the Microsoft Office Suite.
In conjunction with, and or addition to the above, some specific accountabilities include:
- Achieve/exceed annual business plan forecast.
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving customer sales goals.
- Creating comprehensive and accurate business plans in line with corporate strategy to grow business.
- Utilizing a selling system to organize and plan the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly call planning.
- Prospecting and developing new customer opportunities.
- Managing customer expectations and contribute to the customer “preferred” status.
- Managing customer relationships and developing a matrix of key contacts at each account.
- Monitoring and reporting on competitor activity, identifying areas that could represent concerns.
- Update/submit monthly dashboard data (Monthly narrative, follow up letters, Face time tracking, Won business, Lost business), accurately and completely.
•This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High mechanical aptitude and ability to understand and communicate technical concepts.
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills, with emphasis in Quality and Customer Service.
- Advanced decision making and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently from remote (home based) office, must be self-motivate.
- Ability to work in a team-based, participative environment working towards a group goal.
- Proven organizational, business planning, and project management skills essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive and tenacious.
- Selling experience to accounts in Power Sport and Fluid Power is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA required. Mechanical Engineeringdegreepreferred.
- Minimum 5years outside salesexperience selling industrial products to OEM’s.
- Prior experience selling bearings or power transmission products in a Technical B2B setting is preferred.
- Prior experience working for an international (Japanese) company also a plus.