As a Sales Account Manager for the Upstream Energy business, you will:
- Build profitable sales in an assigned territory through additional sales with current customers and demonstrates commitment to prospecting and new business development.
- Employ a consultative sales approach that focuses on building a long term, value-based relationship with accounts, penetrating them for further business and maximizing the margin they create while reducing the time and costs in managing them.
- Enhance Univar Solutions’ position within each account using consultative and in-depth selling at all levels within the account.
- Prospect for new business; conduct sales calls and actively grow the size of your territory.
- Maintain a clear updated view of your sales pipeline.
- Focus on customer retention and improving overall customer satisfaction.
- Provide customer technical support and consultant services to increase our overall value to the customer.
- Set pricing and service levels, as well as maintain and coordinate customer quotations or provide necessary information to allow local branches to do so.
- Coordinate with Local Sales, Purchasing, and Operations to insure proper inventory levels and overall customer satisfaction.
- Communicate clearly as needed to insure local Univar Solutions employees and customer contacts are aware of account activity and any actions required to successfully service the customer.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, both personal and of your colleagues.
Qualifications required for consideration:
- 5+ years of experience in a sales position with a proven track record of success
- Bachelor’s degree (Technical Science, Chemistry preferred but not required)
- Upstream Energy background and experience strongly preferred
- Experience with technical, industrial manufacturing, distribution, or chemical industry sales a plus
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate an extensive network of contacts and a competitive drive for results
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills and the ability to develop strong, successful business relationships with customers as well as internal teammates
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively
- Strong business acumen, including an understand of the business relationship between manufacturers, distributors and end-users of chemical products and services
- Well-honed listening skills and a problem-solving attitude to uncover needs and motivations to overcome objections in order to close a sale
- Effective negotiation skills that allow Univar to realize appropriate value for products and services, rather than resorting to price-based selling