Sales Account Manager - Emission Control
Clariant is a leading supplier of Emission Control catalysts used in the treatment of Off-Gas from Industrial & Chemical Processes. Our focus on innovation and R&D enables us to be a leading company in the field of catalytic technologies. These technologies are used for reductions of Nitrous Oxides, Volatile Organic Compounds, Greenhouse Gas emissions and many other applications. We are looking to add a Sales Account Manager to our Emission Control and Oxidation team who will be focused on account maintenance and business growth in this diverse market.
- Responsible for sales and technical service of catalysts in the Emission Control market segment focused on the Gas Turbine Catalyst Markets
- Develop strong relationships at all levels within customers’ organizations (with plant engineers, research and technology experts, purchasing managers, business managers, and senior management)
- Perform routine sales functions such as site visits, meeting preparation and timely submission of technical and commercial proposals, phone and on-site technical service when requested, and practicing a systematic selling process including call reports, sales call planning, salesforecasting, etc.
- Report on competitive activity, frequently update market database and prepare SAP forecasts of short term and long term business potentials
- Strategic account planning including: prospecting, actively cross selling, order fulfillment, consulting with multiple resources and departments, understanding the customers’ business and positioning products to meet needs
- Actively seek out new customers, markets and applications to grow business within region
- Track trends of the market; gather intelligence concerning customers, competitors, and market trends
- Maintain sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors
- Develop industry contacts through establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies
- Maintain technical knowledge though professional publications, customer interaction, technical conferences and educational workshops
- Role model the Clariant values and align business behaviors to the values
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.& Degrees in related fields with appropriate experience will also be considered
- Minimum of 3&years technical salesexperience working in at least one of the following areas of chemical industry; &gas turbine / power, gas purification, syngas or related specialization.
- Knowledge of catalysts & good working knowledge of emission control systems, markets and regulations that apply to those markets strongly preferred.
- Candidates who have 3-5 years’ knowledge of catalytic processes, process engineering, and/or technical service experience and have an aptitude and desire to make a career change to sales will also be considered
- Experience with Oxidation catalysts is considered a plus
- Must also have very strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Must be well organized and have excellent overall computer skills (SAP knowledge is preferred but not required.)
- Must have excellent relationship building skills and enjoy service oriented type of work.
- Must also be results oriented with the ability to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel to both domestic and foreign locations
- Job ID:20066