Account management responsibilities include developing strong relationships with customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders and preparing sales reports. Accounts managers will liaise between customers and internal teams such as our Safety Specialists, branch personnel, Customer Service, Operations, Distribution, etc., and ensure the timely and successful delivery of our products according to customer needs and improve the entire customer experience. Our ideal candidate is able to identify customer needs and exceed client expectations. Ultimately, a successful Account manager should collaborate with our entire team to achieve sales quotas and grow Airgas’ business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Actively pursue and acquire new and competitive accounts with emphasis on obtaining product supply agreements.
- Review regional sales goals and gross profit margins within the assigned territory and monitors effectiveness of sales and marketing efforts.
- Establish and maintain clear and consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, new customer developments and other cusotmer specific information.
- Work closelyu with local Branch Managers to assit in promoting slaes and customer management through retail store locations within assigned geographical area.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers.
- Identifies and qualifies prospective customers within assigned area or territory and keeps direct manager informed of such information.
- Interprets customer needs and makes appropriate recommendations to increase sales opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to use a computer and have a working understanding of Word, Excel, SAP, etc.
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Must present a professional presence and demeanor that is reflective of a corporate office environment.
- Must have a high level of energy, be as self-starter, and have a strong customer service and relationship orientation.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational and time management skills.
Education, Experiences, Certificates/Licenses and/or Registrations:
- High School Diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of outside sales
- Knowledge of industrial gases, welding supply and hardware desired
- Requires a valid driver's license and personal vehicle with insurance coverage as required by the company
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms, smell, talk or hear. The associate must be able to lift, push, pull or move up to fifty (50) pounds or more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy and the associate may be exposed to extreme weather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.