The Account Manager (AM) is responsible for managing the sales process and driving profitable sales growth within an assigned sales territory to both existing and new Airgas customers. The AM will be required to meet and exceed both corporate and regional objectives for profitable sales growth, A/R management, and customer retention within their assigned territory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and executes sales plans utilizing Airgas’ sales directives and guidelines in order to service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts. Qualifies and pursues sales leads.
- Cultivates customer relationships by developing a deep knowledge of the customer’s business and establishing a consultative relationship.
- Engages customers by linking the customer’s business priorities to the Airgas value proposition.
- Prepares sales proposals by quoting pricing, establishing credit terms, and estimated date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of Airgas’ production/delivery schedules and logistics.
- Keeps current with industry insights, current Airgas product mixes, monitors competition by gathering current relevant marketplace intelligence including information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Partners with internal resources to accomplish growth objectives. Establishes and maintains clear and consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, customer opportunities, new customer developments and other customer specific information.
- Maintains and submits sales reports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required by District Manager (DM) through SAP.
- Actively reviews and manages existing customer Accounts Receivable balances to help minimize Airgas working capital investment and financial risk.
- Other duties as assigned.
(The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in a science, business or related degree field required. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional related experience may be accepted.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior outside business-to-business sales experience to include proven experience and success in solution-selling concepts and a demonstrated history of managing customers throughout a defined sales territory
- Familiarity with industrial and specialty gases, industrial gas / welding supply sales a plus.
- Proven success using a consultative sales approach providing multiple layers of value to a customer to establish a mix sales solutions and products
- Proven success of using their deep knowledge of customer's business, current macro- and microeconomic trends, industry trends, and potential new business opportunities.
- Working knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational, written and oral communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Self-starter; self-motivated, operates with a sense of urgency; ability to work and succeed independently.
- Reliable transportation, current driver’s license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
- Frequent local travel (75% of work time); minimal overnight travel.