We have an immediate opening in our Strategic Sales Channel for a Strategic Account Executive for the Company's Systems product line in the Western Region. This region includes the following states: Washington, Oregon, California, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Utah, Colorado, Nevada, and Arizona.
This exempt-level sales position has direct regional sales responsibility in the assigned area. Primary sales are directed toward established municipalities and end users within the region. Working under the direction of the Director of Strategic Initiatives, the Strategic Account Executive is provided the opportunity to learn or expand upon his/her knowledge of the industry and sales knowledge/strategies.
Duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Call on end product users to promote new and existing product lines and develop favorable specification position.
- Provide complete service to both established and new customers including: quotations, product training, technical and literary support, product complaint, inventory maintenance, and delivery issues.
- Perform product training for end users and other customers to promote advantages of Company product and enhance specification position.
- Develop cooperative relationships with customers and/or end user personnel to enhance product demand.
- Establish sales goals and specification objectives to meet company sales budget.
- Identify significant bid opportunities and provide complete project information, including price strategy.
- Provide after sale service support, including warranty and claims management.
- Actively participate in trade organizations to promote Company products.
- Continuously update end users database for territory.
- Provide sales management with monthly sales forecast and market overview.
- A minimum of two (2) years outside sales experience in some type of industrial sale or technology solution sale.
- Aptitude and comfort with selling technology-based sales solutions and platforms.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and other technology-based productivity tools (i-Squared, Salesforce.com, NetSuite, OnContact, Maximizer CRM, TeamWox, etc.)
- Valid driver's license with no major violations.
- Ability to routinely travel 75% of work schedule (estimated 3-4 days/week of travel with one office day).
- Ability to cover large geographical sales territory.
- Intermediate computer experience with particular proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint programs.
- High level of outgoing interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Comfortable with public speaking engagements and the ability to deliver presentations to large (30+) groups of customers and other external contacts. Have ability to stand and give presentations for extended periods of time.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Engineering degree is a plus but not required.
- Must be up for a challenge to take on this role.