About the role:
We are looking for a dynamic, high-performing Account Executive with experience selling ERP software solutions within the Higher Education sector. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the full sales cycle, from lead to close, and must love the thrill of the hunt. They will also help internal teams continue to innovate by sharing knowledge of client challenges, as well as their understanding of Blackbaud's Education Management Suite for colleges and universities. We want you to work with these prospects to uncover needs and opportunities that expand the use of our products and services, helping them to achieve success with their enrollment, academic, financial, advancement and organizational goals.
What you'll be doing:
- Qualifying, pursuing and closing sales opportunities within a territory
- Managing complex sales cycles across multiple offices within Higher Education institutions.
- Conducting comprehensive discovery meetings to uncover business challenges and opportunities for improvement.
- Consulting with C-Level contacts to create value through ROI analysis and recommended business process improvements.
- Exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Using/maintaining internal sales tools (salesforce.com) for CRM and pipeline management
- Engaging with technical and/or executive team members in complex sales scenarios
- Developing client proposals that effectively communicate our products and offer customized solutions for each unique nonprofit organization
- Ongoing, self-directed monitoring of higher education marketplace and competitor developments
- Regular engagement with product management to deliver intelligence on client needs
What we'll want you to have:
- 4+ years of software sales (SaaS) experience selling ERP solutions in the Higher Education marketplace
- Understanding of sales methodologies (i.e. value selling, target account selling, solutions selling, strategic selling)
- Proven history of consistent over-quota achievement of sales goals
- Ability to thrive in a competitive environment and to adapt to change easily
- Demonstrated success in client relationship management
- A Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience selling/implementing in student information systems or the higher education market is a plus
- Additional skills might require a combination of previous experience working/selling to the non-profit community, working in an educational affiliated organization, or having a background in student information systems.