A leader in computer integrated design, spreading and cutting systems for the soft goods industries, Gerber Technology is expanding our national market position and is in search of a Sales Professional to grow our business. This position will be home based within the territory.
We are seeking an empowered sales professional to grow our business in following areas: Ohio, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland ,Washington DC.
Experienced and assertive Sales Executive needed to further penetrate Fashion and Industrial segments of the soft goods industries, specifically apparel, automotive, furniture, and technical textile markets with our Hardware, Software and Services solutions. We are seeking someone with fresh ideas, as well as a solid track record of success selling solutions within these markets.
Must be self-motivated, customer-focused with strong follow-up, possess excellent communication and presentation skills, willingness to travel, and be dedicated to providing a seamless customer experience. If this sounds like you, we'd love to discuss career opportunities.
- Develops calling and selling strategies for assigned opportunities.
- Ability to seek out and land new customer opportunities
- Researches prospective accounts, evaluates customer needs, and satisfies customer requirements by developing configuration and proposals, product presentations, and the generation of sales orders.
- Works closely with marketing to develop promotional communications.
- Works closely with Application Engineering in meetings with customer's technical personnel to help in answering complex product questions.
- Evaluates and summarizes monthly activity reports for management, identifying successful sales activities, sales trends, special account information or issues and any follow-up action required.
- Keeps abreast of products, applications, market conditions, competitive activities and promotional trends by reading pertinent literature and consulting with technical personnel.
- Represents the company at trade association meetings and major selling events.
- Qualified candidate will possess a Bachelors degree.
- At least 7 years of sales experience in a related industry.
- Background in textiles, apparel or industrial fabrics industries highly desired
- Experience selling CAD, CAM, PDM or PLM software highly desired.
- Excellent presentation skills are required for success.
- Must be skilled in the MS Office Suite and have previous experience successfully leveraging CRM tools.
- This position requires proven ability to develop strong business relationships; must have a solid track record of exceeding sales goals and experience managing the sales cycle from initial analysis through customer follow-up.
- Position will require travel up to 50% of the time.