Job number: 1025961
Outside sales role in our commercial enterprise division
As one of the leading national cleaning and maintenance programs in the country, Staples Facility Solutions offers a wide assortment of janitorial and cleaning supplies, including their exclusive line of Sustainable Earth by Staples eco-conscious cleaners. With more than 15 years of industry experience, the Staples Facility Solutions’ nationwide team consults with business-to-business customers to create a customized solution, helping with product selection, usage, and training. Staples Facility Solutions is focused on delivering the best customer experience and the best service to support their needs.
The Account Executive, Facility Solutions is responsible for developing relationships and penetrating Facility Supplies (Jan/San, Break Room and Safety) sales primarily in existing Strategic, Large and Mid-Market accounts within a geographic territory. The Account Executive serves as the subject matter expert for his/her assigned sales representatives and works with them to access and persuade jan/san, break room, and/or safety buyers. The Account Executive is the key point of contact within the market regarding the Facilities Supplies Program.
- Works with their Sales Manager to develop Facility Supplies (Jan/San) sales strategies for their assigned territory/market
- Trains and coaches OP sales representatives on Facility products, processes, and buyers to increase their ability to access, persuade and close Facilities business
- Conducts joint sales calls with sales reps to assist them in closing the sale
- Participation in current account business reviews to introduce Facility Supplies and increase revenue while adding value to the account
- Provides expertise and input to the corporate-wide Facility Supplies program regarding product selection, training and issue resolution
- Achieve jan/san – break room – safety revenue and gross margin targets in defined market
- Achieve retention and penetration of jan/san – break room – safety targets in existing OP accounts and new Facility accounts
- 4 years of outside sales experience
- Strong presentation skills
Ability to interface at the most senior levels at a customer site
Proven track record of strong performance in an environment that requires adaptability to change
- Self-starter, results oriented
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with strong administrative follow-up and follow-through
- Demonstrated analytical, negotiating, and problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of Jan/San products and services
- Training and/or demonstration experience, both internal and end-user strongly preferred
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.