Sales Account Executive - East Coast
A quick snapshot?.
The Sales Account Executive is responsible for selling the Aptos solutions to medium and large general merchandising and specialty retailers across the US. Seasoned Account Executives will prospect, develop opportunities and close business in the Retail Software industry to achieve overall revenue objectives.
Here's what you'll do...
- Achieve and optimally exceed monthly/annual quota objectives in specific territory
- Create and maintain pipeline of 3X quota over a rolling 6 month period
- Qualify opportunities and key strategic positions for each new prospect
- Build and cultivate relationships at the "C" and Executive levels of the defined target markets
- Demonstrate a solid approach to the sales process with creativity and vision
- Continue to develop knowledge of the retail market and the Aptos portfolio of products
Here's what skills you'll need...
- 8+ years experience selling retail software
- Proficient understanding of Store and Enterprise application dependencies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skill
- Strong listening skills that foster connection with your audience
- Expert relationship cultivator
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Here's what will give you an edge?
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- Experience with Salesforce
- Proven track record of exceeding $2+ million annual quota
- Strong network that can be leveraged to build pipeline
- Charismatic personality
Passion. We know it when we see it. Passion is not saying how much you love what you do in your most excited voice. Passion is revealed in your truest self. It's about what you've accomplished; how you want to grow; the ideas you have; your philosophies. It's demonstrating through your words and your actions that you truly believe in what you do -- and where you work. That it matters to you. And that's pretty cool.
Resourcefulness and application. At Aptos, we have a pioneering spirit -- when we have questions, we find answers; when we're faced with challenges, we find solutions. We turn to a variety of resources, including our own colleagues, our professional network, the Internet, articles and books -- whatever helps us get the job done. But it's not just about using a variety of resources to gain knowledge -- it's also about applying that knowledge to other areas of the job or business where it might make sense.
Initiative. You don't wait around for things to happen or for your manager to tell you what to do. You're not only proactive about completing your own work, but when you sense the need to introduce a project that will benefit the team or the organization -- even if it's outside your scope of work -- you put a proposal together, talk to the team about it, and own it. And that also goes back to having a pioneering spirit.
Quality orientation. You rarely make mistakes because you have good processes in place to ensure that every last detail is correct. There's hardly an error that gets past you -- even when you're under pressure to complete something in a very short timeframe.
Related experience. Of course, experience selling from similar organizations (such as Demandware, Manhattan Associates, MI9, Oracle Retail or past experience with Red Prairie) would be ideal. Proficient understanding of both Store and Enterprise application dependencies, as they relate to the solutions and respective retail business flow, is also a plus -- as is specialized knowledge of omni-channel, POS, eCommerce and workforce/taskforce management.
Road warrior. You'll be traveling around 50% of the time to attend trade shows, sales conferences and sales meetings.
Did we pique your interest?
If this sounds like the kind of job you would love in the kind of environment you would thrive in, please drop us a line -- we'd love to hear from you!