Summary: The Sales Account Executive is an outside sales position designed to maximize Diplomat TRx volume and market share in an assigned territory. This role develops and maintains long-term, effective relationships with Healthcare providers, affiliated pharmacy staff and support personnel in various customer locations. Assigned territory responsibility includes physician offices, health system clinics and other locations to promote the Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy’s services and solutions. Sales Account Executives have assigned disease state responsibility. Residence should be located near the territory’s main business center.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree required; Four plus years of experience in sales, pharmaceutical sales, marketing and/or pharmacy preferred. Two years in a healthcare selling environment is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Effectively meet and exceed sales objectives for the assigned geography and actively promoted disease states with a proven track record of sales goal achievement.
2. Create and implement a territory business plan that identifies key targeted accounts, goals and action plan for achieving company and sales objectives within the assigned geography, focusing on performance and execution that properly identifies and prioritizes an action plan to accomplish goals.
3. Develops and maintains productive and effective relationships with Healthcare providers, key thought leaders, affiliated pharmacy staff and support personnel as well as other applicable customers.
4. Collaborates with Specialty Pharmacy Liaison to implement territory business plans, manage customer and patient relationships, and coordinate sales support activities within the assigned geography.
5. Consistently demonstrates effective use of the Diplomat Sales Model, including demonstration of selling competencies and territory management, planning and administrative skills.
6. Demonstrates a broad understanding of the assigned disease state(s), manufacturer programs for specific medications, competitors, local health plan and PBM influencers, as well as other local and national healthcare industry trends.
7. Demonstrates a clear understanding of Pharmacy Operations and Pharmacy payer methods
8. Displays understanding of all incentivized drugs, indications, manufacturers, co-pay card information, chemical names, and any specific services.
9. Effectively networks and leverages relationships with pharmaceutical partners in the territory to drive results.
10. Plans, implements and attends meetings with clients or special interest groups to promote services as determined by sales leadership.
11. Represents the company at relevant conferences and expositions as determined by sales leadership.
12. Collaborates with various departments to identify opportunities and develop appropriate tactics and strategies. Provides relevant, thoughtful insight to colleagues including Sales leadership, payor strategies, Industry Relations and Operations, etc.
13. Represents the company in a positive and supportive manner at all times.
14. Effectively manages and administers territory budgets, expense reporting and internal system applications, including daily reporting of call activity in CRM.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
16. Travel up to 50% depending on territory needs.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Math Ability: Ability to comprehend and apply principles of basic math while analyzing data and generating reports.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft products.
Information Security Expectations: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to abide by Diplomat’s information security policies, employee handbook and security and privacy regulatory requirements. Each employee is responsible for the secure and appropriate handling of Diplomat information, information received by customers, other companies and/or external parties.
• Diplomat Selling Skills
• Business & Professional Acumen
• Key Customer Relationships
• Pharma Partner Network
• Territory Management
• Disease & Product Knowledge
• Teamwork & Collaboration
• Planning & Organization
• Training & Mentorship