The Systems Engineer (SE) is a technical role that is part of a highly technical sales team, which supports sales and promotes customer satisfaction. Primarily providing pre-sales technical support for the implementation of products/applications/solutions. This includes presentations, product demonstrations, assessment of potential application of F5 solutions, and the development of account plans.
· Act as a trusted advisor providing technical expertise through Sales presentations, Solution designs, Solution demonstrations, and Proof of Concepts
· Provide solution designs, and systems engineering configurations
· Develop and Maintain a high level of technical knowledge of F5 product set, the relevant industry, and Sales aptitude
· Design differentiating solutions and articulate technical and business value of F5 Solutions against competitors.
· Design technical solutions that can solve customer business problems or create a new service offering
· Participate in the development and support of content (presentations, WP’s, use cases…) for customers and partners
· Maintain knowledge of competitive landscape and share with peer group
· Foster a collaborative, team-based environment, sharing best practices and success and building lasting relationships
· Effectively negotiate and pursue conflict resolution
· Own or assist on Change Request (CR) and Customer Special Request (CSR) cases on behalf of customer
· Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
· Perform other related duties as assigned
Customer support activities include:
· Can articulate the F5 Sales Strategy, Messaging, and positioning F5 value proposition for customer business objectives
· Develop and maintain trusted advisor relationships with customer technology staff and management
· Consistently provide world-class customer service during pre-sales and post-sales activities
· Can deliver sales pitch/whiteboards at CxO level through to detailed technical staff
· Actively use Salesforce.com for each opportunity and named account
· Partner with sales team to develop and manage Technical Account Plan and/or Territory Account Plans
· Understand and effectively utilize F5 organizational resources
· Actively utilize SE tools: CSR, Idea, Hive, Mainstreet, and others
· Identify and qualify technical opportunities
· Influence Sales strategy
· Determine viability of opportunity and map out account political structure
Channel support activities include:
· Support F5 channel partner sales initiatives
· Provide channel partners sustainable training on F5 solutions and competitive differentiation
· Provide channel partners technical expertise and oversight as required
· Proactively provide consultative support
· Work in collaboration with Channel and Sales management to establish channel partners and to qualify partner’s ability to sell F5 solutions
Post sales activities include:
· Understand and follow escalation process
· Partner with the F5 Technical Support and customers/partners to resolve issues
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Expert written and oral communication skills
· Expert presentation skills
· Experience with MS office suite or Works
· System administrator skills with UNIX, Microsoft or application knowledge
· Network design background
· Demonstrate expert knowledge of:
Industry and F5 Networks-targeted technologies
Industry trends and cycles
Windows: NT, 2000, 2003
Network Design background is required
· Demonstrate proficiency in:
Configuration and troubleshooting of servers,
CIFS/SMB. DFS, FRS experience a plus.
Unix: Solaris, Linux, BSD, Irix, AIX, HP/UX a plus, with expertise in at least one of the two Operating Systems.
· Mastery of: Storage subsystem skills and storage
· 8+ years related industry experience
· 4+ year pre-sales experience
· BS/BA or equivalent work experience
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
· Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
· Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
· Duties will require being on call periodically and working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
· Duties may require out of town travel up to 60 - 80% of the time.
F5 Networks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.