ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission & Distribution:
Southern California Edison's (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T & D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 14 million residents via SCE's 5 million customer accounts.
The Distribution Training Manager is responsible to lead a team of Training Specialists that support the Distribution business line with all knowledge and skills training needs. Determines training solutions appropriate to specific classifications. Facilitates collaboration with all levels of client groups to ensure training is relevant and impactful. Actively participates with senior management to develop strategic one to five year business planning. This person will also provide fundamental training services to client organizations and partners with line organizations and senior management to develop and implement changes in work processes and procedures.
- Leads a team of Training Specialists to provide support and guidance to local Distribution management for the Apprentice Lineman training program, policies, and corrective actions.
- Facilitates course creation through the direct coordination and direction of instructional design vendors by identifying knowledge/skill gaps, developing curriculum, and leading deployment activities.
- Maintains a systematic approach to training for all training content and programs.
- Develops employee careers through mentoring, appropriate involvement, and coaching for performance including holding employees accountable and celebrating accomplishments appropriately.
- Collaborates with direct reports to develop annual Personal Development Plans (PDP) including stretch goals and training development.
- Responsible for Distribution training budget.
- Works with cross-functional development teams to address issues and solve problems.
- Follows Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Performs other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Five or more years of experience performing or leading/supervising the underground/overhead construction and maintenance of transmission or distribution powerline systems.
- Possesses a valid Driver's license.
- Bachelor Degree in applicable profession, business or technical discipline.
- Experience as a Journeyman Lineman, Journeyman Lineman/Splicer, Sr. Patrolman, or Troubleman.
- Designing, developing or delivering technical training courses (i.e. Extra High Voltage Hot Sticks, Bare Handing, Underground Splicing, Basic Climbing, Lineman Ad Hoc Skills, and Helicopter Long-Line Work) including determining pass/fail criteria and corrective/coaching paths.
- Experience using the ADDIE model (Analysis, Design, Develop, Initiate, Evaluate)
- Proficiency with PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients' business needs.
- Applicants who are identified to continue in the selection process will be invited to test via-email and are encouraged to immediately begin preparing for any assessments required in this job posting - Link to Information Guides
- Please reference Leadership Assessment (Test 8201). Candidates who have previously passed this assessment may not need to retest again for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Relocation may be provided.
- Position has minimal travel throughout the service territory.