STV is a leading, award-winning professional firm offering engineering, architectural, planning, environmental and construction management services. We consistently rank among the country's top 25 firms in education, corrections, highways, bridges, rail and mass transit. Throughout the United States and in Canada, STV’s professional, technical and support personnel offer services to a broad and ever-expanding client base. We provide planning, environmental, design, program and construction management, and specialty services for the transportation, design-build, institutional and commercial building, advanced technology, industrial and defense markets.
STV’s team of construction professionals provides flexible, focused construction management and technical services to public and private sector clients. Managing projects that range from $100,000 to hundreds of millions of dollars nationwide, our construction management specialists are complemented by an experienced architectural and engineering design staff. As an added value to our clients, we also provide cost estimating, scheduling and value engineering services in-house. It is this seamless integration of multidisciplinary capabilities that sets us apart from other firms.
We currently have an opening in our Los Angeles office for a Safety Specialist for our Construction Management division. Key responsibilities will include:
- Conducts construction site safety audits to identify improper procedures, checks equipment and facilities for hazardous conditions, and recommends corrective actions
- Monitors policies, procedures, programs, standards, and design criteria affecting construction safety at multiple construction projects
- Investigates complaints and on-site construction accidents to determine root cause and recommend effective hazard controls
- Conducts noise, ventilation, and gas testing at construction sites to determine if employees may be exposed to unhealthy conditions and makes appropriate recommendations
- Conducts construction safety and standard reporting procedure training for Project Managers and on-site employees
- Collects and analyzes injury, claim, and safety survey statistical data to write technical reports and make presentations to contractors and District management regarding contractor performance
- Coordinates construction safety activities such as project site safety audits and attends pre-bid and post-award contract meetings as a member of the Owner Controlled Insurance Program (OCIP) team
- Reviews construction Injury Illness and Prevention Programs (IIPPs) submitted by contractors for accuracy and conformance with safety standards
- Trains, assigns projects, and tasks to lower-level personnel, and reviews reports for completeness and accuracy
- ]Performs other duties as assigned
- 10 years full time paid professional construction safety management experience in developing and implementing accident prevention programs for a large private or public organization
- Graduation from recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial or Environmental Engineering, Occupational Safety or Industrial Hygiene or closely related field.
- Completion of the OSHA 500 and 40-hour HAZPOWER courses is preferred
One of the Following Credentials is Preferred:
- Any Professional Safety Certification from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
- Licensed Safety Professional (LSP) from the National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP)
- Certified Safety Manager (CSM) from the National Association of Safety Professionals (NASP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) from the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH)
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.