Parsons is actively seeking a Senior Safety Specialist to support large remediation sites in California. The successful candidate can be based in California and will be expected to travel to job sites in those states.
The Senior Safety Specialist works under the direction of the SH&E Manager to help monitor, track and report the safety performance of all Parsons operations on the assigned job sites. The Senior Safety Specialist would also assist in developing and implementing Parsons and our client’s safety processes and procedures. The selected candidate will work both in an office environment, and in the field.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Participates in, and often leads the safety meetings.
• Performs audits and inspects job site, facilities and vehicles to identify and mitigate safety hazards.
• Performs accident investigations, Root Cause analysis’, Job Safety Analysis’, and Behavior Based Safety observations.
• Prepares and submits reports on a regular basis.
• Observes work activities of employees and contractors daily to evaluate compliance with established safe work behaviors, Project Health & Safety Plans, Federal, State, and local safety regulations, and company and client safety policies and procedures.
• Performs reviews and audits to measure compliance.
• Assists in developing and revising written safety programs
• Maintains all pertinent safety documentation and records
4-year degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related field (or equivalent experience) and 5+ years of related work experience in the field of Health and Safety.
Experience performing similar functions in:
• Environmental Remediation
Experience working in the petroleum industry for large global petroleum clients is a plus.
• Ability to read, interpret, verify, and document conformance to contract documents
• Preferred credentials - Occupational Health and Safety Specialist (OHST) or Construction Health and Safety Specialist (CHST)
• 40-hour HAZWOPER certificate and current annual 8-hour HAZWOPER refresher is PREFERRED.
• CPR/First Aid certification or willingness to obtain.