MyndCo is looking for a Safety Trainer to join our growing team. The Safety Training will be performing safety training for internal and external contractor crews. The candidate will audit Safety Programs to ensure that our employees and those of our subcontractors are protected in the workplace and that we are in compliance with OSHA and other federal, state and local safety regulations when they are not training.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure that the Safety Plan is received, understood and implemented by all Project Managers and by our subcontractors.
- Train site personnel in the deployment of all necessary on-site safety equipment.
- Provide Safety Training to project staff and site personnel where required.
- Ensure that project Safety documentation is complete and uploaded into the appropriate databases.
- Develop the skills of existing workforce, newly hired workers, and contractor attendees through the facilitation of all learning activities both in-classroom and through drills/exercises
- Coordinate training activity and calendar, schedule travel, interact with contractors as needed
- Assist in developing and coordinating training manuals working with Specialists for specific details, when necessary.
- Prepare and update training presentations in accordance with regulatory requirements
- Initiate and participate in project Safety Control audits and report the results of such audits to Management.
- Resolve any Safety issues arising from the above audits and address Safety concerns reported by any other source.
- Provide and/or manage monthly or annual ongoing/refresher training in topics relevant to the tower industry in a timely manner.
The Qualities You Possess:
- Leadership with skills to positively influence others, collaborate with teammates, communicate on the level of others, listen and understand people in circumstances common in the workplace
- Excellent communicator, communicating clearly and often
- Ability to embrace corporate values, understand the company mission and exemplify leadership behaviors.
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Exemplify consistent professionalism, good humor, ethical behavior and integrity
- Good organizer, thorough and meticulous
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring:
- 2+ years progressive experience as a Safety Trainer in cell site deployments or 7 years of direct, hands-on experience of the construction, installation, and commissioning of cell sites on rooftops and towers where safety standards were actively applied and monitored.
- OSHA 500 Instructor strongly preferred
- Good understanding of the OSHA and TIA regulations and ANSI standards
- Ability to address small and large groups of people on equipment and theory-based principals
- A demonstrated personal interest in safety issues
- Ability to monitor training candidates during mock drills and demonstrations to ensure proper safety and health standards are being adhered to
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Able to travel by air between projects and markets as needed. Travel will be required for this position.
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice.
This position is Exempt based on the FLSA laws. Our company uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.