We are looking for a Safety Specialist for a large manufacturing plant near Aiken, SC. This person will report to the Safety Manager and together they will direct and coordinate all safety and health related issues for the facility, including injury prevention, industrial hygiene, fire prevention, security, ergonomics and workers compensation. This is a VPP certified site.
- Bachelor?s degree in Safety Management, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety and Health or similar Safety-related degree. Degree must be from an accredited university
- 2+ years of experience in safety and health with a manufacturing company
- General safety training, including hazard communications and MSDS
- Industrial Hygiene
- Fire prevention
- Workers compensation
- Exposure to OSHA, NIOSH, ANSI, NFPA and WC
- Contractor safety
- Lockout/tagout, machine guarding, electrical safety and other machine-related safety regulations and training
- ASP or CSP is strongly preferred
- Stable work history
- Travel is expected to be minimal
This company offers excellent stability and benefits, including paid relocation. There is also an incentive bonus plan of 10% paid quarterly.