The Firm WSP USA, formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms – WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper.
The California High-Speed Rail program is the first ever high-speed rail system in the U.S. It will connect the mega-regions of the state, contribute to economic development and a cleaner environment, create jobs and preserve agricultural and protected lands. By 2029, the system will run from San Francisco to the Los Angeles basin in under three hours at speeds of more than 200 miles per hour. The system will also extend to Sacramento and San Diego, totaling 800 miles with up to 24 stations.
The California High Speed Rail Authority has awarded WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff the Program Management role within the Rail Delivery Partners (RDP) program delivery team. As a result, we have an immediate opportunity for a Safety &Security Specialist,reporting directly to the SystemSecurity Manager. The role will focus on management and improvement, and will beresponsible for the implementation and completion of all safety andsecurity activitiesassociated with the development of the new railway including milestone deliverables. The Safety &Security Specialist will be based at our program headquarters in Sacramento, CA. The role will:
- Support Safety and Security committee meetings and coordinate Safety SecurityWorking Groups.
- Oversee Construction Package Design-Builders by providing safety and security reviews of certification packages.
- Prepare Safety and Security Task Monthly Status report and Delivery Status Review.
- Participate in dialog with the Federal Railroad Administration.
- Support the management of safety and security documents provided to document control, proper handling and distribution.
- Support the maintenance a Certifiable Elements and Hazards log.
- Support conducting and documenting threat and vulnerability assessments.
- Review technical reports and engineering design drawings for compliance with safety and security related regulations, codes, and requirements.
- Support implementation written system security and safety programs.
- Support the implementation Fire and Life?Safety and Security strategy.
- Perform other safety and security related activities as required.
- Travel between regional program offices as required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Safety, Transportation Safety, Project Management or Business Administration.
- OSHA 30, First-Aid/CPR Safety Certifications preferred.
- At least seven years of experience in the Engineering/Construction industry, of which at least three years gained working on major programs.
- Knowledge of and experience in implementing project management, safety and security management principles, practices, policies and procedures; safety and securityaudits, inspections and reporting; safety and security training; accident/incident investigative reporting and follow-up; and safety and security safety plans.
- Ability to analyze program requirements, project safety and securityreporting documents; to analyze program safety and securityreporting system; and develop safety and security plans, policies, processes and procedures.
- Familiarity with project management, transportation, safety and security hazard management or certification, for railroad and civil projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint and Access.
- Employment authorization to work in the United States immediately – applicants who cannot work in the US will not be considered.