Safety Products Sales Executive
Less than 5 years experience • Chemicals
Our client is a Fortune 500, $6B organization and they are the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States.
The Safety Sales Specialist drives and supports the sale of safety products serving as a subject matter expert to both internal and external customers.
The Sales Specialist is directly responsible for developing and executing regional company specific safety product marketing and sales growth plans through direct sales and collaboration with internal sales partners. The Safety Sales Specialist will have a deep working knowledge of "head-to-toe" safety products, including:
- Hand protection, Fall protection, Eye/Face Protection, Protective clothing, Hearing protection, Instrumentation & Monitors, Respiratory, Ergonomics, and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for increasing sales and profit margins by presenting the company’s various safety products to new prospects and existing customers by both explaining & demonstrating the products and services further emphasizing the benefits matched to customer need.
- Develops and implements customer specific training and marketing plans by studying the type of safety product/equipment and volume used by customers/prospects depending on industry or trade factor. Recommends products and services by evaluating sales results, competitive developments, and discussions with vendors.
- Acts as a resource for other sales professionals in developing and maintaining safety product sales within their customer base by providing product and industry training, making customer presentations and recommendations.
- Monitors competition by establishing a process for gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, market trends, etc.
- Keeps management informed by maintaining and submitting activity and results reports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required.
- Assist the Area Sales Team in developing and maintaining Safety product sales within their customer base by participating on customer sales calls and providing product expertise, problem-solving and training solutions for our customers.
- Utilizes all necessary sales and marketing literature to promote the corporate initiatives.
- Interpret customer needs and make appropriate recommendations and presentations.
- Maintains and upgrades selling skills and technical/product knowledge through required training and self-directed research and learning.
- Other projects/duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4years of additional sales specific experience may be considered.
- 3years of prior outside salesexperience in the safety sales field.
- Qualified Safety Sales Professional (QSSP) certification preferred
- Demonstrated relationship management & consultative selling aptitude with the ability to problem-solve and devise solutions for the customer.
- Ability to target accounts and achieve results through an action plan.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all levels and roles both within the company and outside the organization.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a thorough understanding of financial accounting terms and principals including margin, profit, cost, and rate of return.
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; works well with others in a cross-functional team environment across the organization knowing who to engage to achieve results. Uses candor and sensitivity in their dealings with others.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to include the ability to multi-task and effectively manage projects in a diverse organization.
- Strong computer skill to include proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) as well as a working knowledge of SAP.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated with effective organizational/time-management skills.
- Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms. Stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing or reaching may also be required on a regular frequency.
- Employee is frequently required to talk and/or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires frequent use of a computer and telephone.
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time in an automobile.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving office/production machine parts.
- Frequent regional travel (up to 60% of work time).
- Minimal overnight travel.
- Reliable transportation, current driver’s license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
- Job requires visitation to various company and customer sites, which have varying environments/conditions, layouts, and accessibility. Environment may contain loud noises and/or odors that may last for an extended period of time or on a continual basis.