• Support Project Leadership in the completion of incident investigations.
• Facilitate all injury/illness cases.
• Perform periodic evaluations of power tools and equipment (i.e. scissor lifts, forklifts, fall protection, laser levelers, etc.) to ensure equipment is being maintained in good working order, as applicable.
• Monitor and evaluate CEI/Subcontractor compliance with applicable rules and regulations, and project safety requirements.
• Support Project Leadership in the development and execution of weekly toolbox safety meetings.
• Attend the assigned safety meetings each morning:
• Ensure that meetings are taking place daily
• Audit for continuity of topics to be discussed
• Evaluate the participation of the crew and whether the foreman gave them an opportunity to do so.
• Evaluate meetings and provide feedback to Project Leadership on effectiveness.
• Ensure Foremen, GF and Superintendents are evaluating the job site and giving appropriate coaching as needed
General work environment
• Standing, walking, sitting, climbing, typing, carrying, pushing, and bending for extended periods of time. Work is conducted in both indoor and outdoor constructions job site settings. Environmental conditions will vary.
• Occasional lifting of up to 40 pounds.
• Regularly work at heights and in confined space.
• The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• 2 or 4-year college degree desired, preferably in environmental health and safety discipline.
• 5+ years of construction safety experience.
• OSHA 500 Construction required
• Understanding of construction industry standards
• Experience with non-union workforce desired
• CPR/FA Certified
• Ability to work independently, strong communication skills with the ability to influence behaviors
• Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• Safety certification is desired.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States. This position is not eligible for sponsorship
Valid through: 3/22/2021