Description: Responsible for the planning, oversight and implementation of a medical center/facility 's integrated workplace safety and environmental, health and safety programs and all related initiatives, policies and procedures. This position leads the safety function for the medical center/facility and drives its success in workplace safety and environmental, health and safety metrics. Works in synergy with all other performance improvement programs and organizational goals. Directs all efforts to ensure highest levels of employee and member safety. Responsible for occupational safety and environmental, health and safety regulatory compliance.
- Develops, manages, oversees and monitors all aspects of KP's safety program to achieve safety goals and ensure compliance to organization and regulatory requirements. Conducts planning to ensure the execution of the optimum business process integration of environmental, health and safety policies.
- Leads and manages medical center's safety department. 0%
- Oversees company training programs for employees in areas such as compliance, hazardous material handling, emergency response, industrial hygiene, occupational safety and life safety; using KP National curriculum.
- Assures risks to KP employees, members and the environment are identified and communicated. Oversees appropriate corrective action is taken where health and safety hazards exist Develops alternatives for managing and minimizing these risks in a cost-effective and responsible manner.
- Develops and maintain relationships with local leadership teams, and Regional and National KP resources. Ensures internal customers receive quality service by acting as a consultant/resource on all matters related to environmental management, industrial hygiene and workplace safety.
- Implements policy and procedures to ensure compliance with federal, state, regional, and local laws and for the reduction of environmental, workplace safety and health liabilities.
- Acts as administrative liaison for all environmental, occupational safety and health regulatory agency inspections and surveys, including The Joint Commission, Cal-EPA, DOHS, Cal-OSHA, Department of Agriculture and the State Fire Marshall. Communicates strategies, priorities and recommends corrective actions to facility leadership, department managers and employees.
- Conducts comprehensive audits of facility(s) EH&S programs to identify areas for improvement and completes quarterly workplace safety Board reports and action plans. Collaboratively develops plans of action with department managers.
- Five (5) years of professional safety experience.
- BA / BS in engineering, industrial hygiene, environmental science, public health or related area of study.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Experience leading change management initiatives and developing and implementing strategies and procedures across large complex organizations.
- Experience in collaboration, consensus building, influence, partnering, and service orientation.
- Experience in financial management of resources and assets.
- Experience designing, developing and implementing project plans and programs.
- Must be able to work effectively in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum five (5) years of professional leadership in health care preferred.
- Master's degreepreferred.
- Industry certification (REA , CHEM, CSP/ASP, CHMM, CIH ) preferred.